My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Friday, January 8, 2010

winter wonderland



This is the view from my bedroom window. The snow isn't very deep but it's frozen solid and we're not expecting to be above freezing before Sunday. We're tucked in the nest for the duration.

There is a 4 wheel drive truck STUCK in the ice in front of my house. We entertained ourselves last night watching people trying to navigate the hills in our subdivision. As you can see by the picture - it's quite hilly around here. The road in front of my house is the most level part of our subdivision... and there's a truck there that can't move.

And for those of you who live in the north who think "that's nothing"... keep in mind that we didn't just get snow... we have a layer of ice that formed under the snow... and people here don't have chains... AND... this is quite a mountainous area where I live. Narrow, curvy, steep roads - with no forgiveness. So I'm staying put. More in a minute...

2 comments:

moshell's lilbit of space said...

AMEN......I am a city girl (Chicago, baby) and guess what....I do know how to drive in the snow....but on these roads HECK no.....


I texted in today :)

Remo said...

Handy or not, that's just plain pretty.