My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Friday, June 18, 2010

day 6 recap

You know that McDonald's commercial that says, "my me time is when I'm apologizing for something I had nothing to do with"... I think Robert Haywood, BP Ceo, should make one of those. Ok, it's not that he had nothing to do with it... but that kangaroo court he was put through yesterday was an embarassment to the US Government. Is that really how we want the world to see us?

No great civilization has lasted more than 200-300 years. I think we're on rapid decline.

Austin is in complete vampire mode... staying up all night, sleeping all day. He still has more than two full months before school starts back, I'll let him enjoy his summer. He's getting to the age that this may be his last real summer of freedom. I'd like for him to be working this summer but the logistics of getting him back and forth to work are more than I can deal with.

Yesterday was the first time I exceeded my points limit in six full days of Weight Watchers. You get 35 extra points a week to use for those days... I used two ... and it wasn't on junk, I just had this great shrimp that I wanted to eat before it went bad.

I have had zero white flour this week... nothing fried... very little sugar... no chocolate... and I haven't missed a thing. Someone brought donuts to work yesterday and I wasn't even the least bit tempted.

Here's what I ate yesterday - day six -
breakfast: 1 cup of canteloupe, a few blueberries, dannon light and fit yogurt
lunch: 1 cup of taboule with chopped tomatoes, 1/2 an avocado, 1 cup of spinach
snack: boiled egg, a few celery stalks
dinner: 10 oz steamed shrimp with 1/4 cup cocktail sauce, 5 oz new york strip steak (it's super cheap at walmart), 1/2 cup sauteed onion

My weight is back up by a pound today... which is a little aggravating... but I know there are going to be fluctuations. I'm hopeful for at least a 2 pound loss tomorrow when I weigh in. I'll be super discouraged if it's less than that because I've worked so hard at staying on plan this week.

Gotta glam and go... I've had a bad hair week, going to see if I can look a little cuter today. Love and hugs, y'all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could Austin walk to work? With shoes on, of course . . .

Julie said...

I am sure you will see a decent loss. The first week is sometimes a real treat! Only using 2 xtra points is fabulous. I always use every bit of mine. I used them all up I am sure on a Mexican restaurant last night. Margarita included!