My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Thursday, June 17, 2010

thankful thinking thin thursday

I don't know what's changed.... I've been working at eating healthy for some time now but this week, all of a sudden, it's come together and... it's been easy. No cravings. No hunger. No wishing I could have eaten one more gravy biscuit before I started. I haven't missed anything. I think the timing was just perfect for me. Maybe it's knowing that this month I'm doing it on someone else's dime. I don't know... I just hope I can stay in this frame of mind long enough to get to a healthy weight.

Here's what I ate yesterday:
breakfast: one cup of bulgur wheat (heated) with 1 cup of canteloupe
lunch: spinach with grape tomatoes, grapes, chicken, olive oil and balsamic vinegar
snack: celery with almond butter
dinner: THE BEST! 3/4 cup of black beans & 1 cup of brown rice over 1/2 red bell pepper, 1/2 of a green bell pepper, 1/2 of an onion - sauteed fajita style topped with 2 tbsp light sour cream. It was awesome!

Later... I had one bite of steak that Austin was eating and 1/2 cup of pickled beets.

I am now down 3 pounds! Yay!

The Weight Watchers program steers you toward activity in your third week. I'm concentrating on getting reprogrammed with the eating program for these first two weeks and once I've detoxed from sugar and junk... I'm sure I'll feel more like moving.

This week my sleep schedule has been off kilter... waking up several times a night (to go to the bathroom.... drinking all that water!) I'm sorta dragging because of that lack of sleep but wow... the week is going by fast! I can't believe it's already Thursday!

My big brother is leaving today for a mission trip to Kenya. He'll be gone for several weeks... it's a long and arduous journey and his back has been bothering him lately, so keep him in your prayers.

I went grocery shopping last night and filled our fridge with lots of healthy stuff. God provides for us... every day, in every way, beyond what I think I can survive, I keep getting through. I will never take a full fridge for granted. I know that it's a gift from God... to be able to earn an income, to have a place to put it, a car to go shopping, and the desire to be healthy. All this is from God and this is my Thankful Thursday post... I'm thankful for food.

Time to glam and dash... hope you all have a beautiful day! Love and hugs!

2 comments:

Bookncoffee said...

Good luck with the Weight Watchers. Have a great day.

kathyj333 said...

Good for you. And God blesses us everyday. I have found that nothing is more true than that.