My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

hopes for June

So it's Wednesday already, praise the Lord! And it's early release day for me, after working "regular hours" the past two weeks. I'm ready for it. It hasn't been a long work week, obviously, but it's been a long and busy and stressful past month. Jim was sort of recapping things the other day - the out of the ordinary things we've faced - the death of Angie's grandmother, putting down Princess the Fabulous Feral Feline, my car issue, the girls dance recital, Cody's wedding, having Bryan and Candice visit (which was wonderful, just not "ordinary")... Angie's 40th birthday party... lots of different stuff for us to adjust to. I'm worn out. I need a very boring June.

June 2006 was when I began the year long brow-beating from *he who won't be named* over the trailer I owned and the potential debt that would bring into our marriage and spent the summer desperately trying to repair/refurbish it so that it would sell. Although he was many, many tens of thousands of dollars in debt (unbeknownst to me) he made me feel completely worthless because I had done the best I could to provide a stable home for my children by buying the nicest place I could afford for them to live in.

June 2007 I foolishly agreed to marry this person who is void of (by his own admission) compassion and the ability to love unconditionally. I scampered around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to find something appropriate to wear in our wedding while staying under the budget he dictated, while having zero input into the wedding and while busting my butt in the gym every day to stay under his dictated weight limit. Seriously.

In June 2008 I had surgery and while I was recovering from it had the scary mammogram results (and Dr. Evil's "whoa is me" pity party over having to deal with a wife with a potential problem)...

In June 2009 I first got sick with the bronchitis that wouldn't go away.

This June will be NO MAS! No more icky sicky unhappy times. It's gonna be peaceful, restful, beautiful, exciting, fun.

I've already promised Natalie - PROMISED HER, she pointed out - that I will go contra dancing with her the next time she goes, which will be this month- so I'll be learning something new.

I have a friend who has a history of horrible Junes. I'm praying for her.
I have another friend who has found herself in a horrible situation and I fear she is planning a horrible solution. I'm praying for her.
I have a brand new daughter-in-law. I'm praying for her.
I have so much to think about - so many people to think about beyond the scope of my own little needs and expectations. I know that God is good. I am grateful for the past Junes that leave me hopeful for better days.
Everything is lush and green... life is good.
Time to finish the glam routine and make my way to work. Happy Day, y'all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you Aunt Heather! :)
-Stasha

Tawnya said...

Here is to a happy June for us all! I really think that we so deserve it!! I know you do and I know I do...

Missie said...

Here's wishing you a happy June!