My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Monday, June 21, 2010

random monday stuff

I’ve done the 17 mile drive at Pebble Beach… it’s some of the most beautiful sights I’ve ever seen. I’m not much for golf but the only two professional courses I’ve ever seen – Pebble Beach and Sawgrass – where they hold the Players Club – are both amazing.

Someone who appreciates nature as much as I do should be out in it more often.

Anyways… this came to mind today while reading that Tiger was blaming the course for his poor performance this past weekend. I may be mistaken… but didn’t the winner play on the same course?

Excuses get on my nerves. Everyone can make excuses for everything they do or don’t do in life… but it seems to me that it’s better to just own it. There are a lot of excuses why I got fat again… but I’d rather just take ownership and overcome those obstacles instead of being a victim.

Trust me, it’s a lot more work to be fat than to be thin.

To be at the Weight Watchers goal for my height, I will have to lose 78 pounds. To see how much more work it is to be fat… pick up something that weighs 78 pounds and carry it with you everywhere you go. 3.4 pounds down… 74.6 to go. Gosh. That’s a sixth grader.

I’ve got a friend who is going thru such a hard time… one of those major life crossroads like what I went thru… having to move, lost her job, nasty divorce, unwanted pregnancy, feeling like she hit rock bottom and then sunk another mile down. My heart is breaking for her. My advice was, “come up here”… I know we can fix things. I know how to start over.

We had a client who hit a bear with his car this weekend. Never a dull moment. Ok. Well, some are dull.

I just had a client pour out his life story to me… he’s going through his 3rd divorce. I was sympathetic. His greatest regret is not having any kids of his own in these 3 marriages. I know that no matter what else in my life hasn’t gone according to plan, I’m blessed to be a mom.

Have I mentioned that it’s hot outside? Really, stupidly, unreasonably hot. Refer to previous paragraph about how much harder it is to be fat… put on a few inches of insulation and go out in 95 degree heat. Sooo. Not. Fun.

End of my lunch time. Happy Monday…

0 comments: