My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Thursday, July 1, 2010

such good tuna salad!

I just had an awesome lunch... and I know there are a few of you out there who like to know what I'm eating... and I've been really slack about posting my meals (although ever so diligent about tracking on weightwatchers.com)... so I thought I'd share my tuna salad recipe.

One can albacore tuna in water
One boiled egg
1/2 an ounce of soft goat cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup red bell pepper
1/4 cup orange bell pepper
1/4 cup yellow bell pepper
1/2 of a fresh jalapeno pepper
1/4 cup of chopped celery
1/4 shredded cabbage

Yes. All those veggies. It made about 3 cups worth of salad. No mayo. I meant to add greek yogurt this morning and FORGOT... so the only dressing was about a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and you know what??? It was perfect. The vinegar broke down the goat cheese and made sort of a creamy dressing that made the veggies sort of a slaw consistency. It was lots of protein, lots of produce and really, really good!

I had that with a sliced cucumber.... which I ate while I was driving to the bank.

1 comments:

slj said...

That sounds really good..I'll have to give it a try.
Thanks for sharing.

Sheri