My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Sunday, July 4, 2010

weighing in

weighing in... as opposed to "weigh in"...
just some thoughts on my progress and process so far
i am simply, one hundred percent, loving this journey
loving it
i love good food
i love eating well
i love eating without guilt
i love doing things that make me feel better and improve my quality of life
i am so blessed to have two sisters-in-law (or one sister-in-law and one sister-out-law) who are so incredibly supportive and encourage me daily to eat right, believe in myself, do the things that i think i can't do
there's rarely a day that goes by that i don't hear from either angie or candice either by phone or email and it makes a huge, huge difference for me.
my sister-friends
i kept trying to put my finger on *what's different this time* and the difference is simply that i believe i can
i believe i have all the tools i need for success
i believe i am able to do this
partly, because i have done it before
partly because i know myself better than i ever have,
i have more freedom to focus on myself and my health more than i ever had
no little kids or husband to worry about
i fix what i want
i answer to no one but myself and God
i love what i'm eating, i love preparing food, i love tracking what i eat
i don't quite love exercise yet but i'm learning to love it again
my abs are sore today, that's a very good sign!
who knew i even had abs?
i danced for my activity time yesterday... danced!
i turned my satellite to hip hop music and tried to focus on the music and ignore the lyrics and danced like a back-up dancer for brittney spears.
i was working it.
i danced LITERALLY like no one was watching
cuz no one was - except the cats - and they're sorta frightened when i exercise but they've learned that at the end i will be on the floor stretching (collapsing) and they can get "yubs" (loves - that what we call it when mommy pets the kitty cats)
yesterday's tiny loss was a fluke, i'm convinced, just an extra bit of water weight or "bubbles" or whatever because today, i'm already a pound less than i was
my goal this week is huge - i want to hit ten pounds this week - which means i need to lose 3.2 pounds
i'm going to aim for the moon, because even if i miss, i'll land in the stars
the thing is... if i really push myself... really stay focused, not on the food so much as the activity
because i've got the food thing down pat
if i'm focused on a goal that is so large that i know i have to work hard to reach it, i'll work harder
ten pounds in a month, i think that's reasonable for someone who is working hard and has a lot to lose
it's entirely doable
so that's where i am today.
happy independence day, y'all! be free!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the play on words in your title. Keep your finger on that button of change and maybe pass some my way!

Anonymous said...

Go, girl!! I KNOW you will do it!!

~Patty (from California)

Missie said...

Hope you're having a great 4th of July!