My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Monday, February 2, 2009

my boring Monday post

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I love my job! I can't believe I get paid to do what I do! I see so many characters (not people, mind you, CHARACTERS!) during the course of a day. It's just fun... and funny... I seem to always end up with the hispanic clients and since we don't have a spanish speaking agent... and my spanish is limited to helpful phrases like "where is the bathroom?" and "I'll have a number three with a burrito"... our clients have learned to bring an english speaking person with them... sometimes it's a ten year old kid... but I take my time and dumb it down enough for a kid to understand and then translate into spanish... and usually we all get a pretty good laugh out of it. I've learned to write down numbers. Even though I can count to thirty or so in spanish, it's too confusing to give numbers digit by digit.

What does this have to do with anything? I don't know. Just my day. It's a good life.

Regarding my whine from yesterday... pain not as bad today, still there and aggravating. I'm on day number 8 of antibioTics... and I wish I had spoken up last week and said, "look... let's not waste our time on pills... they never work for me... just give me the stinkin' rocephin shot and let's be done with this". But I didn't and I've been a good girl and swallowed those stupid horse pills twice a day for 8 days and I feel not ONE BIT better than I did a week ago. Tomorrow is my CT scan... two-thirty eastern time, for those who are wondering and like to pray specifically at specific times. I'm praying that we can figure out for sure exactly what's causing the pain because it is - at times - so horrible - and I'm praying that whatever it is will be super easy to resolve... like with a rocephin shot... and I'll be healthy. Soon.

Somehow my laptop charger - you know, the brand new one I just bought a month ago? - is not working... or barely working and very positional. I'm going to have to start taking my laptop to work with me to keep Austin from using it. He cannot be trusted to be responsible with things. It aggravates the stew out of me. I got so frustrated with him today when I came home and found the battery almost dead and the charger barely working that I broke a plate. I didn't go all greek or psycho or anything... I was *emphatically* taking a plate out of the cabinet and didn't realize in my *haste* that there was another plate on top of that plate. Another one bites the dust.

Tonight is Dean's work all day and travel all night transition day... I've decided he needs a blonde 20 year old to take his mind off of things. He asked if I knew anyone like that... well, yeah... I mean... my sister-in-law is a college professor and my brother is a youth pastor... but all the 20 year old girls we know are not the kind of girls who want to rendevue with 40 year old men. So we will have to fish in another pond for my friend... but we are both loving the Blogger Babes that have turned up on Facebook for him. I haven't been much help to him lately because I just cannot stand to talk on the phone right now... especially when I've been on it all day.

I had a chance to talk to my Crunchy Friend a couple of times today. He has a really full schedule... work... then he hosts trivia two nights a week... so we've been figuring out potential chat times in between. Good job Mary with the Nancy Drew work! You figured us out! He really does NOT remember me from school... I don't know if that's good or bad. So far I'm enjoying chatting with him... we'll do lunch on Wednesday... I'll let you know more then, maybe. *wink* I like being a little sketchy/secretive. I'm in no rush. I'm in no position to fall head over heels, don't have time, energy, emotional strength for that sort of thing. I've given plenty of disclaimers, trust me. I don't think it would be fair for any guy to consider going out with me without knowing that my last relationship almost cost me my life. The stakes are high. I'm in such a great place... loving my life... focused on my relationship with God... enjoying all the new friends that I've made here and appreciating the old friends that have resurfaced in my life... Que Sera, Sera... whatever will be, will be.

Dean didn't quite understand what I meant by "crunchy". That's just my word for "crush". I picked it up from one of my friends a few years ago...

I'm ready for bed... there's nothing on tv tonight and I just really don't feel great. More tomorrow... love and hugs, y'all!

4 comments:

sober white women said...

I will be heading to bed soon. I live around a lot of spanish speaking people so I am starting to pick up more Spanish then I thought I would ever need!
Kelli

Anonymous said...

I also remembered that we added the term "Messy" in front of his name, not necessarily that he was messy, but because well, we were older and he was younger and that was the name of a character from a TV show or commercial at the time . . . see, I remember too much. Sorry Marvin.

Tina of Moon Shine said...

When i worked in health insurance, I spoke with a 7 year old at least once a month. she was the one person inher family that spoke English the best. I will never forget Myra. At first, she didnt understand what I told her but she was careful to write it down exactly as I told her. But before long, she UNDERSTOOD all of it. knew the lingo, knew what questions to ask without being prompted by her adults. Myra humbled all of us.

Like you, when it comes to a bad infection, just give me the shot. And Ihope you get that shot SOON!

Myra said...

Hope the CT reveals the source of the problem so it can be fixed. Eight days of pills...UGH! I worked in a cemetery where I had to translate for our Spanish speaking famillies...what a subject, very sobering and stressful. Take care...