My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Bruce Springsteen

My little dish satellite that I pay for has really paid off this week. Ovation channel has been doing a lot of broadway / movie musicals, which I love. Tonight FUSE is playing a Bruce Springsteen concert.

I just wish I didn't have this bittersweet connotation of Bruce. One of the absolute best times that Michael and I had during our brief married life was the night that we went to see Bruce Springsteen in concert with our friends Andrea and Dean. Yes, I was stupidly excited to have couple friends. I had a great time. Andrea and I laughed together all night. Michael was super sweet and loving and affectionate. Dean got drunk - but he's a funny drunk. It was an incredible concert.

Only... Michael and Andrea had already been involved with each other at this point for at least two months... and the whole concert was just their way of being able to spend time together. It makes me feel so used. Cheat on your wife if you have to... just don't con your wife into being friends with your mistress. Don't trick your wife by pretending to have a good time with her and share a special evening with her, when the evening isn't about your wife or your marriage at all. It's just sad.

But... I really like Bruce Springsteen. I think he gives a great show. I love that he has such a diverse and loyal audience. I'm watching...

My headache is somewhat better. I was able to get a lot more done today. I've been alternating today between sick/dizzy headaches and stabbing pain.

Stubby the 3legged butt licking toilet drinking Wondercat vomitted up a hair ball right in the middle of my new issue of Good Housekeeping... right over the faces of the Jonas Brothers. Think he was trying to send some sort of message?

Going to bed early, hope it helps shake the headaches once and for all...

love and hugs, y'all!

3 comments:

JennBand08 said...

I'm sorry about the Bruce memories. That was a pretty low thing to do.. show off being a wonderful husband to the Other woman. Nice guy! NOT!
LOL to stubby yakking on the Jonas Bros.. I'm with him.. I didn't mind them until they made that new show on disney. It is beyond stupid and I'm horrifed that I have a daughter that LIKES it.. and THEM.. EWW.

Myra said...

Haven't seen The Boss in person, its on my bucket list. He has a station on XM that I absolutely love though and listen to it all. the. time.

Jeanne said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Bruce Springsteen. I was introduced to him by my 8th grade boyfriend and have been in love with him (Bruce, not the 8th grade boyfriend! lol) ever since. I like his old stuff MUCH better than his newer stuff and when I was in Cleveland last month we went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and they had a HUGE tribute to him. It was FABULOUS! Sorry he brings back such bad memories for you..