My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

early tuesday morning

I unstopped Austin's toilet! I did it! I did it all by myself! I didn't have to call a plumber! I didn't need one of my kids to do it! I did it! It was hard work... it was stinky, nasty, work... but I did it!

I'm so proud of that toilet that it was the first thing I did this morning - I went into the bathroom and flushed the toilet to make sure it was still unstopped. It makes me feel like I can handle anything. I don't need a man!

I went to bed super early last night - was asleep before 8! I woke up this morning at 2am with a horrible earache... took an advil... woke up at 4am with a horrible migraine... took more advil... I can't afford to miss work so the advil is going to have to work it's magic. No time off for me!

I am still leaving early on Wednesdays even though I don't have Austin... last week I helped Angie with the girls on Wednesday night. This week I may just enjoy having an hour off. I'm also going in late on Thursday morning because I wanted to spend a little bit of time at Vacation Bible School. In exchange - I'm working Saturday morning - then heading down to my parents' house to pick up Austin and bring him home. I'm ready for him to be back. It's lonely without him. I'm planning to spend a little time with Cody and Marquee while I'm on the southside of town so Saturday will be a long day...

Sunday we have church and then Angie heads down to the airport to pick up Jim and our friend Natalie from the airport. The girls are going to spend the afternoon with me. Initially Angie was going to take the girls with her but that's a lot of time in the car for them... and that's a lot of people/luggage in the car on the way back... so they're just going to play with me.

You know you're The Best Aunt Ever if:
1. You have two extra pair of sunglasses in your backseat ready for little girls to wear if they need them.
2. You have more pictures of your nieces on facebook than you do of your own kids.
3. You know the theme song to the Backyardigans.
4. You know what time the Backyardigans come on.
5. You've missed work because of illness you caught babysitting your niece.
6. You always have gum
7. You always carry your digital camera in case there's a "Kodak Moment"
8. Your home and work are strategically placed for access to your nieces.
9. You know your niece's teacher's name for the upcoming school year.
10. People who are completely unrelated to you refer to you as "Aunt Heather"

My headache is not better yet. I'll need to leave for work in two hours. I'm going to give it another hour and then try something else for the headache. I'm concerned that Theresa won't be at work today... I'm so concerned about her facial paralysis. I researched her disorder and it's characterized by blood clots - this is what causes the paralysis and migraines that she has. The problem is that they can't figure out what triggers the paralysis - whether it's stress or that the medication isn't at a good level or what. It really breaks my heart for her. I want to fix it.

I think I'll make another cup of coffee. Caffeine seems to help migraines for some reason.

Gonna check my emails and blog entries from overnight. Hope y'all have a great day! Love and hugs, y'all!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Caffeine is GREAT for migraines. Actually, that's the big ingredient in Excedrin migraine. It opens up the blood vessels in your head and helps the blood flow easier. So, DRINK AWAY!

Great job on the toilet....and special KUDOS for even attempting it! I don't think I would have!! (lol)

Maire said...

Hey Heather, LTNS...hope your headache is better!! hooray for you getting the toilet unclogged!! Years ago, My late father in law got me a toilet auger, you can get one from home depot or that type of store, you can get them at varying prices...it is a miracle for unclogging. Or, if you cant get one, unwrap a coat hanger, and carefully put it down the toilet.
Take care~