My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Sunday, June 21, 2009

my weekend

This has been a delightfully uneventful weekend! I needed one just like this! I've been online and watching tv almost nonstop. It feels so luxurious and wasteful! I love it!

Austin has been with his girlfriend, Tasha. They played out in the hose yesterday and he got a pretty good sunburn. Dummy... if he hasn't learned yet about sunscreen, I don't know what to do for him!

I got out in the heat yesterday long enough to pick up some fresh produce and bread from the amish bakery. I got out in the heat long enough today to go to church. Other than that... it's just me, the laptop, the remote control and the a/c!

I've seen some good movies this weekend - Friday night I watched "Under the Tuscan Sun" which is a great movie about rebuilding your life after divorce. Last night I watched "Little Miss Sunshine" - a great movie about putting the fun in dysfunctional families. Right now I'm watching Gigi... it's a really sweet musical about a girl who is being raised to be a "courtisan". Gigi has some classical songs that you probably know, without knowing the origin... such as "the night they invented champagne" and "thank Heaven for little girls"...

Next up this afternoon is The Long, Long Trailer with Desi Arnaz and Lucille Ball. It's another great one - a couple honeymooning with an RV. Then The Courtship of Eddie's Father, Father of the Bride (the original one) and the sequel, Father's Little Dividend. All without commercials! I love TCM!

Apart from watching movies... I've been following the situation in Iran. A sweet young girl that I worked with in Jacksonville is Iranian and has family still in Tehran. I asked her last night if she had family in Iran that she was concerned about and she answered, rightly, "they are all my people and I am concerned about them all". But she does have an aunt, uncle and cousins who are in the midst of it all. Her name is Shirin.

Also, through the magic of the internet, I've been keeping up with my friend Tammy who was bitten by a copperhead on Thursday. She is doing fine, they administered the anti-venom and kept her in the hospital for two days but she's home now. She was taking her daughter's friend home and parked her car in a cul-de-sac in a neighborhood and when she stepped out of her car the snake bit her! It wasn't like she was traipsing through the woods!

Time to get back to my movies... hope you're all having a wonderful weekend! Love and hugs!



1 comments:

LYN said...

YOUR HIS MOTHER! REMIND HIM ABOUT THESE THINGS..I STILL REMIND HUBBY ABOUT SUNSCREEN BEFORE HE GOES GOLFING AND HE'S GONNA BE 50 LOL...KIDS JUST DON'T THINK ABOUT BORING THINGS LIKE SUNSCREEN WHEN THERE'S FUN TO BE HAD....