My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Wednesday

If you want to put yourself to the test, make a bold statement about choosing to be joyful. I guarantee you, folks are gonna test your resolve. Sometimes, for me, it's not just about negativity it's about arrogance. I KNOW that I know the best way to do things and it drives me nuts when someone tries to do something in a way that doesn't make sense. It's not that I'm a perfectionist - trust me, I wish I was that detail oriented - but I am stubborn - and if I know that I've been doing something consistently with consistent success... and I see someone doing something that is unsuccessful - and they refuse to listen to reason - I just want to scream!

I'm still learning. I'm still a work in progress. I think that once I reach perfection, God will take me home. For now, it's about the journey, about the realization that I'm not there yet and continuing to strive for better. To confess that I want to choose joy... and to be met repeatedly all day with situations where I have to consciously make that choice again and again and where I have to continue to extend mercy and grace to those who might not deserve it... much like I don't deserve mercy and grace... well, I guess that's growth, being aware of the need.

Today is Wednesday! Duane comes back from his vacation today. I'll leave work early today (as usual) to be able to go to church. I'm having dinner with Angie and the girls tonight - then she has to meet with Pastor Jim regarding Sunday's upcoming service. She has a full plate tonight - leading the music in the youth service, directing choir practice, etc. I'll just be in my usual position of "assistant" and Minister to the Gant Girls. It's a job I dearly love!

Must shower and glam. Have a beautiful day! Love and hugs!

3 comments:

LYN said...

ANY CHANCE OF BEING ADDED TO YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNAL??

Heather said...

Hey LYN! I can't email you from here but I THINK I sent you an invite already for the journal. Send me an email so I know I have the right email address.

Barbara said...

I can relate to the chosing joy or whatever I am working on over and over during each day. I know you'll have a wonderful time with the girls tonight.