My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Sunday, December 27, 2009

random end of Christmas vacation...

My head hurts. It started about two hours ago. I've taken the last of my migraine meds and it's still so bad that I can't stand to move my head. Ugh. Will be going to bed early tonight.

Thirteen more hours of my Christmas vacation. *sigh* I was really bummed about today being the last day until I realized that the upcoming work week is only a four day week. Woohoo!

Stubby the 3legged Wondercat finally figured out how to unhook his Christmas cape but the weird thing is... he's treating the cape like a part of his body... he keeps dragging it around with him, grooming it... it's kinda funny.

My boys came up yesterday and we hung out for a bit and opened presents... then went to El Campesino in Cleveland for a late lunch/early dinner. Austin went back to my parents with them... brother bonding time... mommy gets a break.

It reminds me of those rare weekends when their dad would get them... I would go to the library and stock up on books, go to the grocery store and stock up on easy fix/snack food and would just revel in the time alone. That's what I've been doing for the past 24 hours.

Overheard: "My Farmville Christmas was way better than my real one". I relate.

It was a good Christmas... I mean, people were so generous to me and I feel blessed. It's still weird to be on my own on Christmas. I think next year I'm going to take a vacation somewhere and not tell anyone where I'm going. My Christmas present to everyone will be a trip for myself. Except the fact that holiday travel is so hectic and expensive. Maybe a road trip.

A few minutes ago, while eating a ham sandwich, I bit my lower lip and it's swollen now...

Stubby decided it was time to take down our tree... at 3am this morning... I heard a crash... I woke up enough to decide that if it was someone breaking in... that there was nothing I could do to stop them at that point and my best bet would be to fake sleep... while faking sleep, I actually fell asleep. When I got up to make coffee this morning, I saw the tree on the floor... I left it there most of the day. It made me glad that I had only put a dozen or so ornaments on it...

Why don't widows wear veils any more? Brides still do. It seems like if there was any time that you would want to shield your face... well, anyways...

My head really hurts... going to bed soon... good nite y'all! God bless!

4 comments:

LYN said...

YOU CANNOT TAKE A SICK DAY ON A MONDAY AFTER A VACATION!!!!

FEEL BETTER!!

mawmaw said...

Think positive and pray that our family will be back together next year, love ya.

mawmaw said...

Pop said the three young men were still up when he got up this morning, they have not spent a minute apart, Marquee even went to dinner with a friend the other day.

Anonymous said...

At least you had help taking the tree down. LOL Hope you're feeling better today.