My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Stubby the 3 Legged Wondercat

It's cold outside. They are predicting snow - just a dusting - but I'm safely tucked in my nest with groceries in the fridge.

I was out late last night... had to pick Austin up from his field trip to the hockey game with the Future Farmers of America. He said his pick up time was 11pm. I was there at ten minutes before 11. They actually didn't get there until 11:40. I kept having to turn the car on to run the heat because it was so cold.

Therefore... it was about 1am before I was asleep. And Stubby... the 3 Legged Alarm Clock... freaked out when the dawn started coming and I was still asleep. I promise you, he did everything short of holding a mirror in front of my mouth to see if I was breathing. He took his little paw and tried to pry open my eyelids. This cat sleeps 23 and a half hours a day but he wants to make sure I'm up before the sun.

And I obeyed.

Actually... we were down to condiments in the fridge... so I had to make a grocery run sometime today. Univ. of Kentucky is playing basketball at noon. The SEC Championship game is at 4. There's Sportscenter and College Gameday and a few episodes of The Office and a few good movies programmed into my tv today... and I figured there will be a rush of folks if a single flake falls... so I went ahead and made a quick Ingles run. I was pretty much the only one in the store (good thing as I'm on third day hair and wore no makeup) and I was in and out in twenty minutes and back home in my nest in less than half an hour.

Cinnamon rolls are in the oven! Yum!

I opened the blinds in my bedroom for a snow watch... and Stubby the 3Legged King of the World complained. Apparently I'm supposed to keep it dark so he can get his beauty sleep.

Remember that pig that Austin wanted to raise for Future Farmers of America? As I was feeding the greedy cat this morning before fixing my own coffee... I said (loud enough for Austin to hear) "Glad I don't have to go feed a pig this morning". BoooYa!

I'm planning to make some kind of casserole today that we can eat on for a few days... hamburger and noodles and whatever I can come up with in the bounty of the pantry. I got to the grocery store early enough that I got the marked down ground beef! Woohoo! Just have to cook it today.

Time to go ice the cinnamon rolls.

Happy Saturday! Go Gators!

1 comments:

Tina of Moon Shine said...

my animals all get anxious when we don't get up as usual. It is very funny.