My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Saturday

What do you do on Saturday when there is no college football to watch?
I mean, other than the Army/Navy game.

It's freezing outside. I'm heading into the office for a few hours. Not feeling up to it but... I have two people that are supposed to come by so I need to be there. Ugh.

My last entry shows an article about my friend Jess and her weight loss journey that began with a visit to the Dr. Oz show. Jess has a journal www.thefatjournals.com and I know she would appreciate your support.

I met Jess through blogging and she is one of the few "J-land friends" that I've actually been able to meet in real life. When Michael took me to Boston during the Cinderella stage of our relationship we were able to meet Jess and her daughter Liz. She is a beautiful person and soooo incredibly strong. I'm proud of her, proud that she has the courage to keep fighting. This is definitely a marathon, not a sprint.

My sweet sister-out-law, Candice, sent me some encouraging words yesterday about getting back on track in my journey. I'm blessed to have two sisters who come from very different perspectives but both love me as I am and yet encourage me to be the best I can be.

The referral nurse from my doctors office called me late yesterday afternoon and basically said... we can't ignore the "hematuria". She said it's always a sign of something wrong... and the fact that it wasn't something simple to diagnose like a kidney stone mean that we definitely need to investigate further. I consulted Dr. Google with "causes of hematuria" and was sufficiently freaked out enough to agree to a consultation with a urologist. Especially since I've met my deductible for this year and raised my deductible for next year.

And I'm still in pain. Last night and today it's worse. Aggravating.

Ok... gonna throw on a pair of jeans and a little mascara and head to the office.

Have a great Saturday.

God bless!

2 comments:

Tina of Moon Shine said...

with my own bladder battles, I do know that "hematuria" is not something to ignore. I will be praying for you.
rest and take care

Estela said...

Hope you get answers soon re:hematuria. We've been battling similar issues over here with Kendra, but we know her's is a kidney stone.