My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

just a whine

I didn't sleep much last night despite the lovely meds that were prescribed to keep me comfortable. I am not comfortable. I am not sleepy either, which is good. I am going to work today. I can't afford not to. I thought I was in pain on Sunday. This morning is a whole new level of pain... my face is swollen... I look a mess. It feels like someone is jabbing an ice pick through my ear into the back of my throat. It all hurts.

I have "lunch plans" (not calling it a date) tomorrow with someone I went to school with many, many moons ago. He's a nice guy. He thinks I'm a nice lady. We have been chatting. Life goes on, right? Of course, this is all contingent on whether or not I look like the Elephant Man still tomorrow.

Ok. I'm debating the whole idea of going to work. I'm in so much pain that I'm shaking. I think I'll try taking a shower and see how I feel after that. Prayers appreciated.

love and hugs.

8 comments:

Dutch said...

I thought and prayers are with you. I hope the medicine works and that you get to feeling better. Hugs

Anonymous said...

who?

Tina of Moon Shine said...

I know you need the money, but maybe resting today will help your body work on that infection.
hugs
tina

sober white women said...

I would say at least go to work and then if you can't make it, then come home.
You are right, life does go on, so you should get on that train!
Kelli

Anonymous said...

Hey y'all! It's me! I went to work today and so far I've been fine. One of our vendors brought in pizza for lunch and it hurt like the dickens to chew it, but it was good stuff! I think I'll make it the whoooooole day!

love and hugs!
heather

cw2smom said...

Hang it there darlin'! Sending Mother Hen worries and healing thoughts! LOL! Take it easy and get better soon! Hugs, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Why can't we stay home when we're sick?? oh yeah......money. sigh

hope you're feeling better.

Maire said...

Glad they found what the problem was, hope you get better fast! Dont worry about whining..its your blog, say what you want. hugs!