My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Sunday, January 25, 2009

pictures and stuff





















































































































I posted during night last night about being in pain and unable to sleep. I got up this morning and deleted it because I HATE looking at those whiny posts.
What's happening is that I keep having this pain that is at the place... if you reached up from the back of your ear, right where the ear meets the head... that's the spot that it starts but it radiates up as high as my temple and as low as my shoulder... down my jaw... through my cheeks. It comes in waves and sometimes is much more intense than others. Ibuprofen doesn't help at all but muscle relaxers do. For this reason... and based on what I found out at the ENT last month... I'm thinking this is more of a TMJ issue than an infection. Ice also helps... so it seems like swelling more than infection.
Last night it was unrelenting and this afternoon it was unrelenting. I slept from the time we got home from church until about 6. I'll be back in bed in just a few minutes. We were having a big music thing at church tonight and Austin was supposed to start back to Bible Drill but I couldn't take what I needed to take to get rid of the pain and still be able to drive. Austin was understanding and kind about it... but he was definitely disappointed.... which is cool in a way, he likes to go to church.
It was bad last night and bad this afternoon but at the moment it's ok. I didn't manage to get any landry done but I was fine through church. We hung around after church this morning so Austin could help set up for the program tonight. I had a few minutes with the girls so I took some pictures of them and of my friend Michelle's kids...
Jim and Angie brought barbeque back to the church. The little barbeque shack in town only has outdoor seating and it was just a little bit too chilly for that. Jim and Angie had to stay for youth choir... and then had to be back for the music program... so they had a full day. I thought we would too... I wanted to... but wow... that was an insane pain!

Ok... pictures to share... have a great evening. Love and hugs!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! :)

Tina of Moon Shine said...

it does sound like a TMJ/teeth grinding thing. especially with the relaxants and ice helping. I hope you get some relief and soon. maybe a mouth guard can help.
take care
hugs
tina

slj said...

Cute pictures. It's nice for kids to grow up with lots of family around them.
Sheri

Jeanne said...

I have TMJ and YES, that sounds like what you have. You probably grind your teeth...either when you are awake or asleep or both. You need to get a mouth guard. You can get one specially made from the dentist, or you can try one of those over the counter things. I have one and when it starts to act up, I sleep with it in for a few days and POOF...pain gone!

Jeanne

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

When you have pain it's ok to whine and ask for prayers. I hope you find the answer to all that soon. 'On Ya'-ma

sober white women said...

I do hope that you get to feeling better soon. I still have laundry to get done as well, but I think our laundry is never ending!
Kelli

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon. That pain sounds terrible! The pictures were adoreable! Julie