My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Saturday, January 10, 2009

New from the Nest

It's supposed to rain today... curly hair for me...
I'm watching Mystic Pizza which is the first movie I ever saw Julia Roberts in. It's one of those that falls in my list of movies every woman should see. That list also includes:

Where The Heart Is
Under The Tuscan Sun
Gone With the Wind
Steel Magnolias
Divine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood
Fried Green Tomatoes
Breakfast at Tiffany's
You've Got Mail
Sleepless in Seattle
Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion
A League of Their Own
Now and Then
Mona Lisa Smile
An Affair to Remember


We are almost out of vitamins which means it's time for me to find a Costco around here somewhere. They have the jumbo bottle of the kids vitamins that I can take without getting nauseated. I searched on Costco.com and "around here" means 38 miles away. I guess that's not too bad. I mean... if I get to enjoy the beauty and splendor of the mountains... and I get to be in a place where I feel coccooned and protected and safe... and I get to be part of an amazing community that has welcomed me with open arms... and I get to watch the two most precious redheads in the world grow up... I can accept the slight inconvenience of driving a little ways for my once every couple of months trip to Costco.

3 comments:

Ken Riches said...

Don't think I have every seen Mystic Pizza, or about half of the others, guess I will not make it to the woman's club (phew :o)

Enjoy the Costco run, I used to do those in CA, but there are not any here in IN.

Peaceful Epiphany said...

Seen ALL those movies! LOL. Yep. LOVE them but you forgot:

PRETTY WOMAN,
SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING PANTS,
DYING YOUNG,
MY BEST FRIENDS WEDDING
STEPMOM
RUNAWAY BRIDE
WHEN HARRY MET SALLY
SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE
MEMPHIS BELLE
LITTLE MAN TATE
and
PS I LOVE YOU ....HELLO!!

Myra said...

i watched bits of that on Oxygen yesterday...Julia sure looks young!!