My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

five minute entry

Really quick... as I need a shower and a glam session this morning and also have to stop and pay the water bill and power bill this morning.

Mom is finally out of the hospital. Pray for her continued recovery.

I am so glad it's Wednesday. The week is flying by. Sort of.

My co-worker's dad is having heart surgery on Friday (a few of you have asked for updates). It's a very serious surgery so please keep their family in prayer.

My friend had her own heart scare this past Friday and is immersing herself in the business of eating healthy. Nutrition is my passion so I've delighted in sharing my knowledge with her. Good food is a good thing.

My appetite has been weird this week. I've been keeping close tabs on my points, as always but just haven't been hungry. Last night I had carrots and hummus for dinner. Haven't weighed today so I don't know what it looks like.

Dinner at church tonight which is a challenge... to stay on plan - even to be able to count points - when you don't prepare the food yourself. But I'll stick with my salad bar + entree plan and hopefully do ok.

The weather is cooling off... you can feel fall in the air and I love, love, LOVE it! I always love living in the mountains but I love it best in the fall.

Every time I see a report about Hurricane Earl, I start singing, "Goodbye Earl" by the Dixie Chicks.

Time's up. Must glam and dash. Happy day.

1 comments:

Missie said...

Keeping everyone in my prayers. I had 20 entries to read to catch up with your blog. lOL