My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

it's whiny wednesday every day here lately!

Welcome to my weekly Whiny Wednesday post. I feel like all I've done for the past month is whine, so I'm not sure I'm due an official whiny day... but I'll give it a shot anyways!

I have a doctors appointment this morning before work. Most likely this will just be to review the findings from last weeks tests and get referrals to whomever treats this stuff. In my research I've found that people with the osteoarthritis issue are usually treated by a rheumatologist. Or... it could be an orthopedic doctor. Not sure. I know I have to do physical therapy. My insurance covers 50 visits a year for therapy. Soooo... there's that. I hate waiting to see the doctor and I especially dislike having a morning appointment because if they're running late, it bites into my time on the clock at work. At the end of the day, if they're running late then it's just cutting into my facebook time... dinner time... sleep time. Hopefully... it won't be too bad today.

Our sweet Holly - the newest staff member in my office - is also having back problems. She's had some serious back injuries in the past and has rods in her back. Yesterday in the shower she felt something pop in her lower back and couldn't stand up straight afterwards . She came to work anyways and toughed it out for most of the day but I could tell she was in a lot of pain... her cheeks were flushed all day. Holly is young... in her twenties... but like me, she's carrying more weight than she should. She's crazy active... climbs mountains, skis, does whatever she wants... but I know that, like me, the extra weight will slow her down at some point. I hated seeing her in pain yesterday.

By lunchtime yesterday I was in excruciating pain. I toughed it out (like Holly) for the whole day but my productivity and ability to think clearly is definitely impacted when I'm hurting like that. We've got to get this pain reigned in... I have to work full time - there's no other option. My problem is not serious enough to qualify for disability - nor would I WANT to go on disability. I'm waaaay too young for that. So we have to figure out a way for me to do the job I'm trained to do with as little pain as possible.

The other issue is that WHEN I work all day, I'm in so much pain by the end of the day that I am unable to do anything around the house... not that I was in the habit of rushing home and being Happy Homemaker. But, little things like needing to run errands and such... it's impossible by the end of a work day. I have been running errands on lunch but... that keeps me from resting on lunch and make the afternoons that much harder. It's frustrating... I'm sure we'll figure something out... but for now... this is no fun.

Yesterday I came home and found Austin in a panic... he can't find his cellphone charger. Great. He lasted three months with it... but has no idea where it is. I did NOT need another unexpected expense. I told him I'd price them today and hopefully it will be within my budget but otherwise - he'll have to wait until child support comes or until my payday. He's jonesing without his phone. I let him use mine last night but I'm reluctant to do that because he is so careless with things.

My beloved Purple Michael has some *special powers* and can sometimes picture where lost things are... I told Austin to call him and NOT tell him what was missing but just ask if he knows where something he lost could be. He didn't lead him to the cellphone charger but when Austin went to the location Michael told him, he found his missing house key. It cracked us up! Michael couldn't see the cellphone charger.

The best part was that I got to chat with Michael for a few minutes which ALWAYS makes me happy. I love him! His show opened last week... he's producing Gypsy in Chicago... the opening was delayed by one day due to the blizzard and there were a few things that weren't ready but they soldiered through. If nothing else, I told him, it will make for epic stories for years to come. One of the backdrops wasn't finished until RIGHT as it was needed opening night. It was hung so close to when it was needed that one of the stagehands got stuck ONSTAGE hiding behind it during the scene and had to just stay there!

We have a small snow event predicted for overnight... just an inch... and it will be in the 40's during the day tomorrow so it won't be much and it won't last long. Just enough, probably, to make me wonder and worry if I should drive to work first thing in the morning. It may be another partial day for us, depending on the road conditions.

I'm hoping/praying that I'll be able to go to bible study tonight. I miss my chicks in my hen party and I really need their love, encouragement, prayers. I miss my nieces... all half dozen of them, biological and adopted. I need their hugs. I need to do something more than work and nest. I just have been in such crippling pain by the end of the day that I don't know if I can hang until 8pm. We'll see...

No progress on weight loss this week. Discouraging. Eating completely on plan... just not losing.

The front coming thru is causing a barometric headache this morning.

My life insurance sales are not good this year. I've only sold one policy all year. That's my big money product... I need to sell a lot more. Of course, my co-workers are all in the same boat.

Pain drains you, you know? I could sleep around the clock. I'm glad to have to go to work because I think it keeps me from slipping into the abyss of depression... I have to keep my game face on and keep trying, even if it's not easy. The routine, even if it's painful, is crucial to my mental well being.

Ok... that's enough whining for the day. I'm gonna get off here, glam a bit and then get my day started...

Love and hugs, y'all!

0 comments: