My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

caution: whiny wednesday ahead

Watching the morning news makes me sad for our world. There's just so much meanness out there.

I haven't yet filed my taxes. I will do that immediately after work today. Ugh. I don't really get much back because I don't have much withheld. I need my money more than the government does, although, the argument could be made to the contrary. I'll file online. It takes about thirty minutes since I don't own any property or anything. My assets are easy to evaluate... um... none. Done. It is a huge blessing to have worked the entire calendar year at the same place... first time that's happened since 2005. Thank you, Michael Darby.

The sun is just beginning to rise... they're saying we'll have a warm day today. The pollen count is lower. I am having more trouble breathing this morning than I did yesterday. It is not fun. I just want to take a good, deep breath without feeling like I'm wearing a too-tight bra. I'm just trying to manage things as well as I can without adding medications... because once I start on meds, things just spiral out of control. No drugs. Hot tea, hot coffee, soup... all work well at breaking up congestion. I'm functioning but not terribly energetic.

Austin has been back home for four days and the house is already a wreck. His back has been bothering him (trying to keep up with his old Pop on the golf course) (it's a shame when a 16 year old needs a golf cart before his grandfather... sad). I had to spend my lunch break yesterday driving the one hour round trip to the high school and then back to the office. It was aggravating. I just don't understand how you can feel well enough to make a mess but not well enough to clean it up.

Time to glam and dash... have to stop off and pay the water bill on my way to work... it's my short day and I may actually take lunch at the end of the day and leave a little bit earlier so that I can get taxes done AND get to church on time. Lord, give me strength!

Hope you have a fabulous Wednesday! Love and hugs!

ADDENDUM:
More whine:
I had to stop on the way to work to pay my water bill... so I decided to go to McDonalds since it's on the same side of the road. (My sister in law Candice just said, "that was your first mistake") We have the dual drive thru lines. I was stuck in one where the computer wasn't working. Finally... I realized what was going on and moved... and it started working. About eight people got ahead of me. And the egg mcmuffin wasn't that good.

I can't breathe.

I'm wearing a gorgeous new scarf but I can't figure out a good way to wear it and I keep fiddlin' with it.

There was a dead skunk in the road this morning and it smelled like, well, dead skunk.

Ok. That's it for now.

Happy, happy, joy, joy.
It's my friend Barbie's birthday... she's been fighting breast cancer over the past year and doing it IN STYLE! This girl is a powerhouse of energy. There's no invalid in her anywhere! So glad to see her doing so well.
An old blog acquaintance, Charmaine, has just been diagnosed with breast cancer. Many prayers for her.
Also prayers for my lifelong friend, Dewayna, who is working the single mom thing far away from home out in Kansas and feeling like she's on a high wire without a net. I know a lot of y'all know that feeling. Keep her in your prayers.
Gonna try to focus a little less on my whining for the rest of the day and have an empowered day. God is bigger than all my aggravations and inconveniences!

1 comments:

Lainey Laine said...

No your allowed to whine. You need to get it off your chest. Laine xxxx