My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Thursday, April 1, 2010

thankful thursday

I was so exhausted and headache-y yesterday afternoon... but I went to church anyways and it was definitely a blessing. Doing Beth Moore's Loving Well and it's something I really needed.

Four years ago today I went on a blind date with the man who would become my second husband. We laughed about the stigma of an April Fool's relationship. Who was the bigger fool? So thankful to be a year and a half removed from that nightmare.

Got a call yesterday from the brother of my children's grandfather. I thought Papa Ned was an only child. It turns out he had a half dozen half siblings and step siblings. I learned a lot about that branch of my kids' family tree. It sounds like my kids' dad has a lot of the same character traits of his grandfather. Generational sin is no joke, folks. It's the best reason I can think of to live right.

My allergies are in full bloom today. I woke up choking on slime. Good times.

I'm tired. This has been a long week - and yet - I can't believe it's already Thursday.

Gonna finish the glam routine and hit the road. Love and hugs, happy Thursday, y'all.

0 comments: