My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Monday, April 5, 2010

editorials

Tiger Woods... John Edwards... Jesse James... Jon Gosselin.... Michael Darby... they're all the same: men who believe they operate under an invisibility cloak. Be sure your sins will find you out. Tiger's apology tour is pathetic. Jesse James and his rehab - more pathetic. Michael "we helped each other get out of our marriages" the most pathetic of them all.

I found myself thinking this morning about the women who give an outlet to these egomaniacal figures. Where is their self-respect? Do they really think it makes them special to be able to win the affections of a married man? Who wants a man you can't trust? And who wants to be sloppy seconds? To the victor goes the spoils.

This came to mind just now as I was glancing through the headlines looking for info on the Easter Earthquake. Nope. Natural disaster that impacts millions - relegated to the bottom of the page. Man who commits depraved acts of infidelity - headline.

Been a stupidly busy day but it's almost over and I'm going to curl up in my nest with my laptop and remote and cringe at Kate Gosselin's efforts at dancing. good times.

love and hugs, y'all!

2 comments:

Missie said...

I think it's terrible how the media makes cheating etc more important then a natural earthquake too.

Lainey Laine said...

I so agree with you Heather. I have a friend who, for the last 7 years, has hankered after and is having an affair with a married man. Why she confided in me I dont know! But I pitied her at first, now I just get angered by the whole situation. He has always told her he will never leave his wife and that it's just fun. Why does she keep going back to him and letting him use her like that! The thing is I suppose Im not in her shoes and dont know how she feels but I certainly wouldnt want a man using me and dropping me when he felt like it. I really feel sorry for his wife too who has no idea who she is actually married too! So sad isnt it! Laine xxx