My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

praise for poo

I love nature. I'm not a tree hugger or anything like that but I am infinitely appreciative of the beauty of the world around me. I love the colors of spring. I love driving through my "neck of the woods" and seeing the beautiful lush green pastures... the gorgeous mountains... the incredible views...

Until I moved here I didn't really understand how those pastures got to be so green... but now... riding with the windows down... there is an inescapable reality of fertilizer. Poo. Our beautiful scenery smells like poo.

And then today it hit me: Poo makes things beautiful. All of this natural beauty that surrounds me comes from icky dirt, smelly poo, the pollen the makes me miserable and.... rain. All those ugly things add together to make the beautiful world I live in.

And so it is with all of us... if we didn't experience a little ugliness every now and then, we'd never reach our full beautiful potential.

1 comments:

Lainey Laine said...

thats a really good entry Heather! Really does make you think! Thank you! Also I will follow you on Twitter. Im on Twitter too! Not really sure I feel comfortable there yet or not though. My Twitter is @elainey2465. xxxxxxxx