My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Friday, April 30, 2010

Itty Bitty Ferocious Kitty

Isn't he a love?

Have I mentioned lately how much we LOVE Itty Bitty Kitty? He is such a ferocious little cuddly ball of fur.

I love to watch him play. He can turn just about anything into a toy/prey. (such as my straightening iron which got destroyed this week)

His favorite is empty toilet paper rolls. He waits eagerly for me to play fetch with him while I’m going potty.

He’s so curious about everything that happens in the bathroom… he can finally climb up on the toilet so he’s been fishing lately. I’m usually into water conservation (if it’s yellow, let it mellow…) but I’ve had to either flush or close the lid to keep him from piddling in piddle water.

He has a habit of bringing me little treasures… last night it was a tag from a pair of Smurf sleep pants that Austin got for Christmas. Who knows where he found it… but he was so proud to drop that little paper smurf at my feet. He is particularly fond of my hairbows. Those are his PRIZED catches. He’s so proud of them that he makes sure he brings them right up to my face so I can see how accomplished he is.

He loves bedtime. Both kitties know that when my light goes out it’s time for “kitty night-night”… and that they’ll both get petted until I fall asleep. They eagerly take their places snuggled up beside me. Michael asked me once – not too long after we split up – if he had been replaced by a cat. I was offended then – too soon – as if I had any choice in the alienation of his affection. But the truth is… yeah… he has been. And they make much more loyal and loving companions than he ever did.

They know what time I get up in the morning and if Bitty Kitty thinks I’m sleeping too late he will put his paws on my eyelids to try to pry them open. If that doesn’t work he’ll start licking my face. He’s just rotten.

BK thinks someone is supposed to cuddle him when he’s sleepy. He’ll find me or Austin or Big Kitty and cozy up to us for a little affection.

He wants to mimic everything I do. When I pet Stubby, he takes his little paw and tries to do it exactly the same way. When I make coffee, he tries to find a way to get up on the counter so he can see what I’m up to. Usually I cook one handed so I can hold him. He loves being high enough to see what’s going on.

He’s learned that when I put on shoes, I’m leaving for the day. I tell both cats the same thing every day, “I’m a bye-bye mommy and you’re both stay-at-home kitties” and I give them their itinerary for the day, “you just find a patch of sunlight and rest until mommy and the Boy get home”. Now he has decided that if he can get in the shoe with me, he can go with me. This morning we fought over my tennis shoes. It’s hard to tie a shoelace with a kitten at the other end.

He’s just such a precious baby… I’m totally smitten with my kitten.

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Lainey Laine said...

Awwwwwwww he is just too cute xxxxxxx