My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Friday, April 9, 2010

my five minute plan

I've got five minutes to blog this morning before I need to head out... so I want to tell you about my five minute plan.

With great optimism this January I purchased some little heart clings to put on my bathroom mirror for every pound I lost. After staring at four little miserable lonely hearts for the past two months... I decided to change my strategy.

I've said before that trying to lose weight without exercise is like trying to drive a car without a car. You just can't. I've proved that theory again over the past three months. I just can't seem to get moving. Neither can the scale.

Soooo... I decided to give those little hearts a new assignment. Instead of marking pounds lost, they're marking every five minutes I exercise. My goal is six hearts a day. That way, I don't feel overwhelmed by the exhausting task of exercise. I can chip it away in bits and pieces. I got five minutes in this morning already!

It may not seem like much.... but that's how I started in 2005.... a little bit at a time... and as the weight went away, I was able to do more and more and more. Goodbye FAT! You're on the way out!

Daily whine: the light in my bedroom burned out this morning. I can't reach - even on the tallest stool I have - to change it. It will have to stay dark until Austin comes home.

Time to glam and dash! Happy Friday, y'all! Hope you find five minutes in your day to do something good for yourself!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Heather! I used to read your blog all the time in 2005 when it was mostly about weight loss and fitness and LOVED it.. you are one of the most determined people I know! Let me know if I (or Beachbody..hehe) can do anything to help you on your journey!

Lainey Laine said...

Yeah I found five minutes to lay in the garden in the sun! Whoops not very good for my body but was good for my brain. hee hee xxxxx