My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Nadia Bloom - what I love about this story

1. It brings Aspergers Syndrome to the attention of the public. How many times have I watched and waited and wondered where my wandering child was? The truth is that parenting a high functioning autistic child is exhausting. It just is. They know the rules but when they are chasing a butterfly or pursuing any interest they develop tunnel vision and that becomes their only guiding light.

2. They found her safe and healthy. There are happy endings.

3. The man who found her searched in an attitude of prayer. He trusted God to lead him to Nadia and she was right where God sent him. It took complete trust, complete courage to step out alone, complete obedience to find this lost child.

4. Her rescue is a perfect example of a properly functioning church family. Her church members refused to give up. They prayed, they searched, they supported the family. Why go to church? Because in times of trouble a church family is the hand of God here on earth.

5. Her resuer was not afraid to go on national tv and give testimony to how he found her.

God is good!

2 comments:

Lainey Laine said...

Awwww yeah God is good. I would like to see this story. I work with children with autism and find it very fascinating and interesting. Its so very rewarding working with children with this special gift. I say special gift because these children are exceptional. Laine xxxxx

Estela said...

I hadn't realized she had Ausperger's syndrome. I was so very happy to hear she'd been found safe. Praise God!