My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Monday, October 27, 2008

alerts and prayers and being real with God

Hopefully I've corrected the comment block (although I'm not really sure how it would have been blocked... it's set to accept from all, even non-blogger people). But anyways... whilst (Lainey's word!) trying to figure out what was blocking comments, I figured out that I can send post alerts to ten people. I don't know why only ten... but ten. So... if you'd like to receive post alerts (and I know there was at least one person who asked), let me know by comment or email and I'll try to accomodate you.

I had planned to go to a concert at the church tonight with Angie and the girls... and went to have dinner with them first... but the girls weren't feeling great and Angie wasn't feeling great and I had a bad case of draggy butts and the cold outside made me just want to curl up in my... um... air mattress... with a big blanket. Austin had a mess going when I got home... I would have had a complete meltdown if I had come home to that at 9 or later so I'm glad I came on home.

As Angie says... tonight is a good night to institute EBT... (early bedtime). I'm tired and a bit whiney... and I know a good night's sleep will help a lot. Y'all send me some love... I miss having comments today! I was feeling a little bummed out and lonely while driving home tonight... just one of those moments, you know? I just can't remember the last time I was really held by someone who loved me. It is better, far better, to be alone and lonely than to be with someone and feel that they are a million miles away... and I'm in no way ready to be in any kind of relationship... but I just miss that feeling of being held and comforted, does that make sense?

There's a popular Christian song - Held, by Natalie Grant - that came to mind as I was driving home and whining before the Lord (also known as praying) that "I just WANT to be HELD, is that toooo much to ASK, God?" And ... well, first He showed me the beauty of the mountains surrounding me, which always calms me... and then He brought to mind that song... here's the chorus:

This is what it means to be held. How it feels when the sacred is torn from your life And you survive. This is what it is to be loved. And to know that the promise was When everything fell we'd be held.

Whoa. Here's a you tube link for the video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOufqWodFNo

14 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Now I can leave a comment. Hope you get the rest you need. Sorry your evening didn't go right.
'OnYa' - ma

Beth said...

Hugs are very powerful. Perhaps Austin will give you a big one...?

Here's a hug from me.

{{Beth}}

Robin said...

One of the hardest parts of my husbands military assignments is missing his touch, just being hugged.

I saw a church sign today that said "Praying is like calling home everyday!" I love that.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes just being at home is the best rest I need. We stay so busy with soccer, dance, work, church, school functions, etc., that sometimes we just have to say NO! to some scheduled event and chill at home. Hope you get the rest you need tonight. (((((hugs))))))
Ly,
Mary

Myra said...

No matter what you ask, God will always respond! Touch is a powerful sense, and just a hug from someone makes one feel warm & fuzzy. EBT...yeah! I do that every night!

betty said...

so glad you got the comment thingy fixed; I was thinking perhaps I had offended you in some way and you had blocked me from commenting; I wanted to say before I forget that that recipe you posted for the sausage balls sounds delicious; I'm going to try it some time

I think we all get lonely at times and down; its the enemy usually doing a number on us or the world or our own flesh; I think that's when I have to give myself a reality check and remember who I am; a beloved daughter of the King and sister/co-heir to the Savior of the universe; doesn't get any better than that :)

I hope you get a good night's sleep and wake up with a smile on your face tomorrow when you remember how much the Lord loves you

betty

Sage Ravenwood said...

((Huge hugs)) I know it's only virtual and it's not the same as being held by that special someone. Time will heal things and there will be someone else, someone that appreciates you for you. (Hugs)Indigo

Janis said...

EBT is always good! :)

Hope you wake up feeling refreshed and "held" by our Lord! :)

Janis

Tina of Moon Shine said...

hope you have a great week. we instituted early bedtime here too. and it worked!!!!
take care and hugs.
p.s, the pie looks and sounds yummy!!!

Emmi said...

(((Heather))) nominated ya for some dirt. http://snaggertagger.blogspot.com/

Ericanbiloxi said...

There really is nothing like a big hug from someone.....it is right up there with holding babies.
(((((((Sending you a big ole hug over the lines)))))))

sober white women said...

Oh I have so had those days! Saturday was the worst day for me. There is beauty everywhere, we just need to stop and see it.
Kelli

Traci said...

Ah, the comments are back. I was very bummed I couldn't comment. I know it isn't the same but here's a hug!

*Tracy* said...

hope you got to bed early and our well rested tomm. ((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))