My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Dawn

Hey... can someone tell me how to email in response to a comment? I frequently want to talk back to y'all....

Dawn... I live in Cleveland and work in Demorest. Jim and Angie live in Clarkesville and we all go to church in Helen. Cleveland and Helen are in White county, Clarkesville and Demorest are in Habersham county. Everything I do is within a 15 mile radius. How fun that you have a connection here!

I tried to find a map to show y'all the general area... if you go to this link http://www.georgia.org/Travel/regionalmap.htm you'll have an interactive map that shows the different regions of the State of Georgia. (for you homeschoolers, this is a great geography lesson!) I live in the dark green part at the top left corner of the map. To see details about Helen, Georgia, where we go to church, check out this website: http://www.helenga.org/ and there is another site about the whole Georgia Mountain region that has a lot of details about this area http://www.georgiamountains.org/ This is such a beautiful, peaceful corner of the world. Folks around here refer to it as "God's Country".

Time to get ready for work. *hugs*

6 comments:

Gwendolyn said...

I'll have to come back to your comments and see if anyone answers you about how to e-mail commenters...I've often wondered. :o)

Emmi said...

I don't know how other people respond to comments but this is how I do it. I highlight the comment, click on the persons link which will take me to their homepage. Most have their e-mail link there which is what I click. If they don't have an e-mail listed & I don't know it then I don't respond. It's a long way around it but it's the only way I know to answer the comments. Hope this helped.

Traci said...

My hubby and I went to Helen for a long weekend once. Loved it! I little too touristy but we needed a distraction. I had just miscarried and needed a getaway. Hated where we stayed but loved the rest!

Dawn said...

LOL Too funny... my aunt worked at Habersham County Med Ctr before she became disabled. She goes to a United Methodist Church there... and her bible study is on Wednesday too... wouldnt it be funny if you met her? Her name is Linda, she is almost 6 feet tall and has red hair! She probably is using a walker or cane if you have seen her about...

Small world!

be well...

Beth said...

Oh my goodness...the town where my folks had their house is Clarkesville!! It IS God's country, and while I love Indiana because it's my home state, that part of Georgia is my favorite place I've ever lived.

My my, what a small world!

Folks should adjust their settings so that their email appears on their profile. That way, when they leave a comment, you can just reply. Otherwise, there's really no way to tell what their email address is.

Hugs, Beth

Lainey Laine said...

I dont know how to answer comments either!! Laine xxx
http://lainey-lainesworld.blogspot.com/