My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Thursday, October 9, 2008

random stream of consciousness

I just had a great chat with someone who has walked the same paths I have walked. There is healing and validation in that.

I also just ran across a former classmate that I should have known was gay... but I guess we weren't that gay knowledgeable back then.

I went to the store to buy stuff to make the pie: ritz crackers, baking powder, vanilla, pecans...

Left the store and made it to the parking lot when I realized I forgot to buy sugar.

Got BACK to the car and was almost home when I realized I forgot the strawberries and whipped cream for the topping.

We'll make the pie tomorrow night. Or Monday. I don't know. It can wait. Nothing is worth three trips to the Ingles.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound like me at the grocery store. You look very good in your picture. Congrats on the weight loss! Hope the furniture comes like planned tomorrow. Julie

Chris/cacklinrosie101 said...

LOL...I'm always home from the store and most times forgot to buy specifically what I went for....drives me crazy.

It always helps when you can talk with someone who has been through the same or similiar experiences. HUGS

M said...

I'm the same way with the store.

I used to make lists and then leave them home lol.

I wish I had moved on when I divorced - I'm stuck here now until the kids grow up - in an area where nobody bothers with anyone in this neighborhood!

Ironically, its the place I grew up lol.

HUGs!

Love,

Michelle

Anonymous said...

who?

Myra said...

The power of the list! I make lists for everything, especially the store, so I don't forget anything! I cross off as I go, and gives me a feeling of accomplishment...even if its just a list!

Tina of Moon Shine said...

if I have a project like that and I don't make a list, I do that exact same thing. I am the worse grocery shopper in the whole world. And if the store is busy and crowded, i may get aggravated and just leave without buying anything!