My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Sunday, October 26, 2008

sausage ball recipe

Dawn asked for the sausage ball recipe so I thought I'd share it with everyone... it's super simple...

3 packages of bisquick cheese biscuit mix or six cups of bisquick
1 1/2 cups of water
3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
2 packages of sausage

mix bisquick mix and water until dough forms, add in cheese and sausage. form into balls about 1 inch in diameter. bake at 425 degrees for about fifteen minutes or until brown

You can make these ahead and freeze until you're ready to bake. This is a standard Christmas morning brunch treat in our house and we ALWAYS make them ahead of time. It's a bit of work to get the sausage and cheese blended in the dough - and it takes some time to roll them all out but soooo worth it!

7 comments:

Dawn said...

Thanks, Heather! That was mega quick! LOL

be well...

Beth said...

Way to be a Domestic Goddess, Heather! Woohoo! Sounds yummy!

Lainey Laine said...

Awww they sound good! We dont have bisquick or whatever you said! LOL Laine xxx
http://lainey-lainesworld.blogspot.com/

Big Mark 243 said...

Well, that is TWO dinners for next month ... a stuffed roll recipe from one and the sausage ball from you ... add my meatball recipe and that is one dinner for each week of November (I am not cooking for Turkey day!)

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

The recipe sounds delicious and pretty simple. I'll have to try it out over the holidays when I have some company. 'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

We LOVE sausage balls - but I've never tried using the cheese biscuit mix - I'll have to try that next time.

Chrissie a.k.a. HoneyB said...

We love these at our house too. Especially around the holidays when everyone is busy. We do them for snacks too.
Take care, Chrissie