My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Friday, October 10, 2008

starting to look like home!



Be it ever so humble... there's no place like home... if you can overlook the use of rubbermaid containers as tables... we're starting to shape up around here! I need curtains... and a real table... but for a donated living room, it ain't half bad. It's actually nicer than what we had in the condo, if I do say so myself! The man that donated it is a retired pastor... and he talked to me about how God provides. No doubt! Three weeks ago I had nothing... now look at my cozy little cottage in the mountains! This sweet man gave us a couch, loveseat, recliner, old console tv (that still works!) and the two kitchen chairs... oh, and a tv stand that I put in my bedroom.

You'll notice that I now have some of my favorite pictures on the fridge along with Sarabeth and Jamie's art work. Jim said that the girls wanted to know why I wasn't at their soccer practice last night... he said, "Aunt Heather and Auggie will come to your games but they don't want to see practice". I think it's just awesome that they are aware that we're here and that involved in their lives. It's something I've always dreamed of doing and never thought it would happen.

My sister-in-law Candice's grandmother passed away today and Candice is heading from NYC to Ohio this afternoon. Her Nanny raised her and I know this is going to be difficult for Candice, even though they knew it was coming. I wish I could be there with her to say annoying warm fuzzy things and make her a casserole. Everyone knows casseroles make it all better.

I'm waiting on the man from DISH. Just had to share my pictures!
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Peaceful Epiphany said...

Heather, you should post (or send) your new address so people can send you sstuff for your new place. I know I would send some things!

LOVE you new place.
Hugs,
Jen

Estela said...

Your new living room furniture looks really nice!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Hi, this is my first time visiting here. I'm glad blogging serves a purpose for you. Women really need to stay connected through these difficult stages in life. I hope you find happiness in your new place. blessings, Linda

Beth said...

The furniture looks great! It must be a wonderful feeling to start getting settled and back to a more normal life.

Beth

sober white women said...

Everything looks great! I haave to cover most of our furniture becaue it is so old and worn. But hey it keeps my butt off the ground! LOL ask and you shall receive.
Kelli

Chris/cacklinrosie101 said...

Prayers for your Candace. Wow, your place is looking great! HUGS

Myra said...

Beautiful! And more importantly, its yours! No matter what, and even though they're just "things" they're your things. Books, knicknacks, rubbermaid containers...they mean something to you! Very nice and cozy!

moshell's lilbit of space said...

It is looking very cozy Heather...I agree with Jen you should send your address.

Sage Ravenwood said...

One of the fondest things I was ever told and still to this day keep close to my heart is...wherever your heart is there lies home. At the time I had been moving around alot and felt displaced. It made me realize wherever I was would be home. Your place is coming along nicely hon. Sounds like your nieces like having your around too. Have a wonderful weekend! (hugs)Indigo

Tina of Moon Shine said...

you are right, it very much looks like home!!!!

Wendy in Oz said...

WOW! What a difference it makes! It really does look so homy and comfy! I'm so glad you are moving forward my friend. I know you are gunna be just fine!

Have a great weekend.

Hugs

Wendy in Oz

Anonymous said...

How happy I am to find a new journal by you, Heather. I have never commented (I tend to be very private) but have read your journals since way back when you shared your home with your boys and "the unwelcome tenant"-- isn't that what you called him? : ) I somehow lost you for awhile and it breaks my heart to hear about the pain you've endured.

I was inspired to finally comment today to express my thankfulness that YOU have endured. I find your writings to be among the most compelling of the many hundreds of authors I've read in my life. Seriously. Your insight and ability to articulate are gifts that you should not underestimate.

May I just add: Have you ever considered possibly "ditching the corset"? Despite having Scarlett's inner strength and outward grace, you don't have any need to alter your real and beautiful self for the sake of any man or for society! If you ever read "Little Women" you will remember how Marmy stood up against the idea of women wearing corsets, which constrained not only their ability to breathe, but also their ability to actively participate in the world! You should be free and unconstrained, and embrace the knowledge that you are best loved for being your true self.

Rhea Joyce

Ericanbiloxi said...

It is all coming together....and quite nicely!