My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Thursday, October 9, 2008

a little progress


This is a picture of Mt. Yonah which is in our neck of the woods. The leaves haven't changed that much yet so I'm assuming this is an older picture... but you can still see the beauty of this area. I'm so blessed!
So far this morning I have managed to find a cellphone plan that I think/hope I can afford (let's just see if I pass the credit check - fingers crossed, y'all!).
I have made some headway in sorting through all the pictures and treasures that I have accumulated over my life. It's four big boxes of random stuff... wait... 5 boxes... and I am trying to sort and group items together which makes for a lot of time reminiscing. I just read my poetry notebook from when I was a teenager. I was so grim! OY! And I rhymed the words "pain" and "rain" in almost every poem.
My brother called and all systems are "go" for delivering our living room furniture tomorrow. A church member generously donated a couch, loveseat and recliner to us! I can't wait! It doesn't matter what they look like... they're reported to be sturdy and in good shape... I can cover them to make them match my decor. Whatever my decor will be.
I just had a theatre contact me about costuming a Christmas show. My pulse started racing and I got a little light headed. I would LOVE to be involved in theatre again because it is such a great passion of mine... but the truth is I'm cautious about over-extending myself right now because I'm still healing. And... most likely the theatre will be pretty far away. It was ok for me to drive an hour or so to the theatre and make slave wages to costume a show when gas was $1.30 a gallon. At $4 a gallon... I'm not sure.
Still need to run to the grocery store for pie ingredients.
Got a little sidetracked when I found muddy footprints on the carpet. I panicked! Apparently when Austin went out to catch the bus that left too early this morning he walked through some mud. Red Georgia clay mud! I spent about ten minutes on my hands and knees scrubbing it of the carpet.
Ok. Back to work. *hugs*

4 comments:

*Tracy* said...

your little town sounds wonderful! i hate mud on carpet too it would drive me crazy!hope your having a good day. hugs

Kelly Dawn said...

I HATE scrubbing stains out of carpet...HATE IT!

Kelly

Estela said...

That red clay can be horrendous to get out of ...well.. anything!

Lainey Laine said...

How lovely that you found your poetry notebook!!! Awwww I bet it was lovely, a treasure to keep. Laine xxxx