My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Sunday, October 31, 2010

48 hours...

I'm curled up in the nest with my feet propped up on the end of the recliner and a kitty draped across my feet... the window is open slightly so that the room is cool with fresh morning air... I've got a warm blanket over me... and a pillow propping my right elbow (the one with the bursitis - getting old is no fun).... the house is quiet and dark and although not "company clean"... it's cleaner than usual... or at the very least, clean enough for me to stand it.

Much better than yesterday morning with the angst and the mess and overflowing toilet.

In the past 24 hours...
I went to weigh in and didn't lose OR gain. Who stays the same? How am I talented like that?
I took a long drive in the mountains... windows open, cool air blowing through the car.
I went to the farm and stocked up on greens and hugs. I'm gonna miss my farm folks.
I posed for a dozen photos with my big State Farm shopping bag overflowing with fresh produce. "I'm always photo-shop ready"
I accidentally stole two tiny pumpkins that Philip added to my bag for the photos.
I watched a lot of football.
I went to the bakery to buy Austin's favorite cheddar bread... and pecan danish for the strays.
I drank a gallon of mint tea to try to rid myself of the headache that just. won't. go. away.
I made a walmart run for some essentials.
I made a fabulous dinner of stir fried green tomatoes, turkey sausage, winter greens and peppers.
I emailed back and forth with a new friend...
I texted back and forth all during the Florida/Georgia game with another new friend who is a GA fan.
I won a bet on the game - the prize? An oil change for my car!
I evicted two strays. "You don't have to go home but you can't stay here..."
I went to bed early.
I got up early.

And... in the next 24 hours...
I'm going to do my cooking for the week and blog about it.
I'm going to take my shoeless kid into civilization to make sure he has shoes for the winter.
I'm going to finish cleaning the house.
I'm going for a long walk.
I'm going to rest, relax and prepare for the week ahead.

Be back to show you what's cookin' later on ....

4 comments:

Barbara said...

So are we to assume your new "friends" are male? LOL

Barbara said...

So are we to assume your new "friends" are male? LOL

Anonymous said...

The food pictures from last week were enough to convince even a skinny person like me to go on WW!
Can't wait to see what's cookin' this week. I want to try making your soup that you showed us and the massaged Kale salad. Oh! and I'm definitely making the sausage and pepper skillet dish!

~Patty

Heather said...

Barbara... *teehee*...