My People

My People
My People - Cosette, Austin, Oliver, Cody, me & Ryan. Just think, had I not lived, these people wouldn't be on the planet. They are my whole heart!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

new answer to potato soup...

It's not potato soup but it's warm, tasty and creamy... and soooo healthy!

Here's what I did:

sauteed 1 red onion (chopped) and 1 cup of hot red pepper rings in a tablespoon of olive oil...
I added two large cubed sweet potatoes - one was orange and one was yellow - gorgeous!
I added two cups of chopped carrots...
I added two cups of fat free chicken broth and one can of pureed pumpkin. Yes, pumpkin. Stay with me...
to that... I added two diced turnips...
cumin, nutmeg, cinnamon and turmeric... all very healthy and helpful spices...
I added a teaspoon of tahini (sesame paste)... a little sea salt...
two cups each of chopped collard greens and turnip greens...

and it's all happily bubbling away on my stove. I've had a sneak taste and it's a really thick, rich, hearty stew. It calculates out to about 2 weight watchers points per cup so it's filling and low point.

Man... I think I'm going to have as much fun making soups and stews this winter as I had making salads this summer! Cooking is cool!

0 comments: