My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Friday, October 29, 2010

photo finish friday...

Just a few shots from my travels this week...






Not much exciting to blog about... that I haven't already blogged about in the past 24 hours...

It's sweatshirt weather and I'm loving it!
Yesterday was such a bipolar day... happy/frustrating. (see previous post regarding the headache that knocked me to my knees).

Made me feel like a huge slacker but... there was nothing i could do.
The headache is mostly gone. I think i really need a good massage... it seems to all be coming from the stiff neck that i haven't been able to get rid of since I had strep. If it continues, I'm going to have to break down and go see the doctor but you know how strongly I feel about pharmaceutical interventions.
Although I will be taking my allegra today... allergies are bugging me.
I made good use of my time at home yesterday... (really not)
I watched Gypsy... one of my favorite movie musicals.
I watched Oprah - she had a Sound of Music reunion. I recently read the book written by the girl who played Liesl. She indicated that Julie Andrews really hadn't had much to do with any of the kids from the movie - only at special televised reunions. And it seemed like Julie was trying to act yesterday like they've been one big happy family all this time. Christopher Plummer just seemed... creepy.
Things that make you go ... hmmm...
My coffee is awesome this morning.
It's casual Friday... wondering if I'll be able to go down a size in jeans this week...
Gonna get busy with the glam routine... hope you have a great day!

1 comments:

Becky said...

Yeah, I was a little disappointed when Charmian Carr (Liesl) was talking about how she'd been 21 during the filming, and that Christopher Plummer had "taught her to drink," and that she'd had a huge crush on him... and he acted surprised and said, "What room were you in?" Yeah... I don't like having my childhood memories messed with like that. Creepy is right. Although I guess he wasn't really that much older than her at the time... well, 35... but still.

Hope you're feeling better today.