My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

newsday tuesday

This morning I'm enjoying a big bowl of greek yogurt with banana and walnuts sprinkled with ground flax seed. It's awesome. The cats are dying to try it... so I keep having to swat them away.

It's another crisp fall morning... fifty degrees... open window... this weather can last all year as far as I'm concerned.

We've been trying to socialize Bitty. First we started walking him on a leash... then we started trying him on car rides in his carrier. Yesterday we took him for a ride out of the carrier (but on the leash, just in case) and he decided he likes to ride on my shoulders. It was really cute. If we're gone overnight we don't really want to leave both kitties that long. Stubby is a loner, he does fine by himself. Bitty needs people. We want to be able to take him with us when we go to see Mawmaw and Pop.

My bursitis in my elbow is acting up.... it doesn't help that my arms are bent using a computer about 18 hours a day between work and my online gaming addiction. It's a wonder I haven't gone blind from it. I definitely need to lessen my screen time.

I had such a great SIMPLE dinner last night... I broiled salmon and tomatoes. The salmon was good... and I need it because my good cholesterol was low so I've been trying to make sure I get in my happy fats like salmon, avocado, olive oil, walnuts, etc... but the tomatoes were UH-mazing! I just quartered some smallish tomatoes (a little bigger than a golf ball) and drizzled them with olive oil, sprinkled with sea salt and topped with shaved parmesan.... and broiled them right along with the salmon until the parm was deeply browned and the tomatoes were good and mushy... then I used them to top this great roasted garlic artisinal bread... it was like an upscale tomato sandwich and that would have been PLENTY by itself, even without the salmon, which was also very good. The entire thing took less than ten minutes to prep and cook... less time than going thru a drive thru and soooo much better!

I preach it all the time... eating good is not that hard. I'm not a great cook... I don't have a lot of money... I don't have much free time... and I manage. Even on weeks like this one when I wasn't able to do my cooking on the weekend due to budgetary constraints. Although... I did make that awesome stew and I'm having it for lunch today... I can't wait!

We really loved the pasta with collards and chicken sausage that I made on Saturday so I bought more of that great sausage. If I'm not wiped out after work today, I'm going to try to run by the farm (they have a Tuesday night market) and pick up some more of those crisp, fresh collard greens... and beautifully colored peppers... it's just a great way to get some greens into my teen.

I guess it's about time for me to post and start the glam routine... hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday!

1 comments:

Becky said...

Thanks for all the awesome food ideas. For the pasta with collards and sausage, did you just cook everything separately and mix with a little olive oil, or...?