My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Thursday, October 28, 2010

one of those days you can't plan...

I went to work in a great mood... closed a car loan which made me happy... and around 11am I felt like someone slapped the back of my head... the pain was insane... I got nauseated... sleepy... dizzy... I thought... "I'll just take lunch early and nap in my car and I'll feel better"... I got to my usual picnic spot and laid my seat back and started praying for relief. Instead... I had an instant realization that it was going to get much worse before it got better. I don't have migraines like i used to but I still recognize when one is about to hit... and it was hitting... and the one thing I know for sure is that I shouldn't drive when it happens. So... I went home... called the office with my apologies and went to sleep. Or tried to. It eased up after about an hour so I ran out and picked up Austin's new phone (we did the Walmart.com site to store thing which works great)... and the bright light set things back off again. I tried to eat some lunch, thinking food would help. My appetite was completely gone. I rested... couldn't really sleep... just chilled until Austin came home. I tried to get up and clean up a bit, thinking that would help. Nope. So... basically... today has been a wasted day and I still have a headache.

Here's what I've eaten today:
roasted broccoli
1 tablespoon of pimento cheese on 1 piece of rye bread
1/2 cup of taboule
1/2 cup of edamame
1/2 a flounder fillet
a few bites of rice
1/2 cup of eggnog - full fat, organic
4 squares of excellent dark chocolate flavored with seasalt

Yep. That's it. If not for the eggnog and chocolate, I wouldn't have been close to my points for the day. I purposely ate those high point items because I don't want to screw up my metabolism with too many low point days in one week.

I'm thinking I'll be heading to bed soon... mercy.

0 comments: