My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Sunday, October 31, 2010

hey... good lookin'... whatcha got cookin'???

My weekly money shot... the gorgeous greens filling my fridge. No room for sodas or junk food! That's collard greens on the left... kale on the right... geen tomatoes, peppers and red tomatoes...

There's a face only a mommy could love... my bitty catches a nap IN the clean clothes pile...

panzanella... wheat berries, basil, green and red tomatoes, good artisinal bread... olive oil, balsamic vinegar... this stuff is soooo good! i've also got some fresh mozzarella to go with it...

this week's version of massaged kale includes winter greens (they have a bit of a fresh bite, just like winter green gum!) beautiful peppers and onions, canneloni beans, and a little red wine vinegar... oh! and some fresh garlic...

The bad news from my kitchen tonight is that my can opener BIT the dust. Maybe that's God's way of telling me not to eat canned food.
We also have some asparagus... big, heavy pomegranates... turnips...
I plan to make some red curry chicken this week... finally found the curry. I set aside some peppers to go in it while I was chopping
I'm making pimento cheese stuffed peppers...
And we're going to do a carb fest with the fresh pizza dough... with garlic, olive oil, basil.

Anyone want to stop by for dinner or picnic with me on lunch?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Becky said...

Getting very hungry looking at this delicious food. Thanks for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable that you can be so creative with healthy and weight trimming foods! I'm preparing them for the health aspect alone!

~Patty