My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Thursday, October 28, 2010

i've got so much, so much, so much, so much, so much to be thankful for...

Just the fact that it's Thursday and the weekend is right around the corner... a beautiful, crisp fall weekend with lots of sunshine... much to do, but much to enjoy as well... that's plenty of reason to be thankful, in my book... but ... just like in an info-mercial... WAIT, THAT's NOT ALL!

I'm thankful that my little buddy Ben who had surgery for his club foot yesterday is doing great, pain free and that the hospital stay will be much shorter than anticipated!

I'm thankful that there are no grounds in my coffee today. It's actually a really, very good cup today and it makes me happy.

I'm thankful that the rain is moving out and that my frizzy hair can be somewhat normal again.

I'm thankful that we're starting Beth Moore's Esther study soon.... I've been wanting to do that one since it first came out.

I'm thankful for the message that the kids got in youth group last night. They talked about nailing things to the cross... and they actually NAILED things to a cross... and Austin talked about how he needs to forgive Michael for the things he did to our family. He said he thinks he's forgiven him and then hears or sees his name and it comes rushing back.

I'm thankful that my brother is going to start teaching a Sunday School class for singles and that I'm welcome to go. I have felt sort of out of place at church over the past year or so and just haven't been connected... maybe this will help me plug in and get me motivated to have fewer pajama Sundays and more worship/fellowship Sundays.

I'm thankful that my grandma got good news from her doctor this week. She'll be 87 soon!

I'm thankful that my parents got their ancient plumbing updated yesterday and replaced their bathroom floor. That's one more step into getting them moved up and out of there one day.

I'm thankful that I've got some yummy edamame for breakfast this morning... and some flounder that I'm going to oven fry for dinner... not sure what else will fill in the blanks of my menu but there's good stuff, for sure. There's definitely broccoli and asparagus in my future and I'm thinking some roasted acorn squash with sage...mmmm!

I'm thankful for the abundance of awesome produce available... even though I'll miss my farm visits over the winter months, we won't starve. I'm planning to venture out and explore other farm markets, even in the city, if necessary.

I'm thankful for the new friends I've made this week and the possibilities that God is revealing to me. I feel like I'm coming up on a crossroads and I'm grateful to be in a stronger, more joyful place.

I'm thankful that this durn election is about to be over and we're not going to have to put with the ugliness. As much.

I'm thankful that truth has a way of rising to the surface, that people have a way of revealing their true character.... and that sometimes all you have to do is stay above the fray, take the high road and watch human nature run its course.

I'm thankful for the way my niece Jamie's face lights up every time she sees me. Sarabeth is happy but much more reserved. Jamie doesn't hide it... she just lights up like a jack-o-lantern.

And for the excitement in Stasha's face too.

I'm thankful to be finally... after five long years... planning another trip to NYC. No date is set yet, have to figure out the cheapest days to fly and find out when my brother will be working out of state and when Ryan will be home (because I want to make a side trip to Pennsylvania) but it's been a long time since I could even think about traveling anywhere and it's fun to have that on the horizon.

I'm thankful that I was able to find so much to be thankful for today... feel free to add your own!

love and hugs, y'all!

I HAVE TO ADD...

I had to change clothes this morning because what I was wearing was WAY TOO BIG! Ha!
And... I closed the car loan I was working on... cha-ching!

1 comments:

Becky said...

So much great news! Made me happy just reading this.