My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Sunday, January 23, 2011

over hill, over dale... as we hit the dusty trail...

June 2005... Cody (right) and his best friend/brother Jimmy Lee (left) have a moment of prayer for Coach Bear who was getting stitches in a nasty cut in his eye...

This is Jimmy Lee now... all grown up... and serving in Iraq.
He's one of mine... one of the kids that grew up alongside my kids... who was a brother to Cody... he called me (still calls me) mom... and he's over on the other side of the world fighting for our freedom. I told him before he left that I'm proud of him... and that I'll pray for him every day until he comes home safe.
I hope you will too... God bless Jimmy Lee... and all those serving with him...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So many young men and women sacrifice so much to serve our country and help keep us safe, yet so many take that for granted. Prayers going out for Jimmy Lee, my nephew Nicholas who has just left for a six-month naval deployment for parts unknown, and Doug's cousin Richard who is preparing for a year deployment to Afghanistan.