My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Sunday, January 23, 2011

trolling for comments - audience participation time


I am determined to write an entry where I discuss neither the weather nor my health. I am also starved for human interaction, having been basically stuck in the nest for the past six days. I've been talking to the cats so much that I'm not even sure if I remember how to use consonants in my speech. "u needz uh num-nums?" So... I'm going to pose a series of questions for my blog readers. Answer them all... answer one or two... answer here, on facebook or email me at julydarby@aol.com ... I don't care... just pull up a chair and TALK TO ME, please!


1. How do you know me? Real life of cyber world only? If you know me in real life, when was the last time you saw me?

2. Name, age, location?

3. How often do you stop by?

4. How do you get here? (computer, phone, etc..) Do you connect via google reader / facebook link/ what?

5. How long have you been reading my blog?

6. What subjects would you like me to blog about?

7. If you could ask me ANY question and I had to give a completely honest answer, what would you ask?

8. Do you blog? Here's your chance... leave a link so that my readers can connect with you... and if you leave a link I promise to pimp your blog in a future entry!

9. Are you married or single? Kids or no kids? Gay or straight?

10. Who is your favorite "character" in my blog?


Ok... that should give everyone something to respond to... don't let me down, y'all... at least say hello!

4 comments:

LYN said...

You pretty much know all the answers about me so I have a question..

You seem far more confident on "paper" than in real life..almost all social events that you plan you cancel other than going to bible study and anything tha involves Michael. You get invited to a lot of things you don't got to..you like to IM and text but not talk on the phone (except recently)
You seem to be pretty much a loner except for going to work and church. You rarely have anyone come to your home and you don't seem to have girfriends..you know to go for a drink with..shopping that kind of thing.
Now don't get pissy..you asked..LOL and I am a bit of a hermit myself so I am certainly not judging!!!! I have just always thought you appearar so bubbly and outgoing on your blog and FB but in real life not so much... am I right??

no pimping my blog please..not on FB..

Kathy said...

Hey Heather! I know you through the cyber world only and I am Kathy Zolla on FB. Now I get here through your FB links, but do have you on my google reader page.

I'd share my blog link with you but I don't publish it on FB. It's not a privte blog, but there are local 'friends' on FB that don't know I blog, and for the time being (or maybe forever) I'm not letting on. I've been blogging forever but somehow I am unable to share with my real time friends and family, that which I can share easily with cyber friends.

I tend to think that as cyber friends we are more accepting of people and their lives than we are of our real time friends. There isn't a whole lot of baggage that comes with cyber friendships. It's fun, it's easy, and I believe, for the most part, honest.

Anyway ...'nough from me this morning. If you want my blog link message me on FB ... but please, don't ever publish it. lol

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

I pop by every so often to see what you're up to. I've been reading your blogs since before Michael. I used to go by Meg, but I've since reverted to my given name of Margaret.
Of course, I only "know" you through this big ol' cyber world we have. I'm in Alabama.
I'm married, one daughter...she has kids of her own now.
I like your writing style, grammatically correct and all that. I suppose my least favorite topic is what you eat. (though you didn't ask "least favorite") I do like your weight loss updates, though. You share some pretty good links and recipes.
I don't have a particular blog topic preference...so no special requests for future entries. I think you usually do a good job of choosing topics. I like variations.
I would suggest that you remember it's YOUR blog, and you can blog all about being sick...or anything else. If someone doesn't like it, they can wait for the next entry!
A question for you? Let's see...
"Is there was one piece of advice that you were given in your life that you didn't follow that you wish you had?" (I might even do an entry myself on that question.)
I do blog. I've started and stopped so many blogs...and some of them are probably still in cyberland unattended for years. Currently, I am at www.amusingmargaret.com where I post a few of my photos and talk about nothing much, though I do get on my soapbox on a rare occasion.

moshell's lilbit of space said...

1. How do you know me? Real life of cyber world only? If you know me in real life, when was the last time you saw me? Haven't met you in person, found you in J-land and have been following ever since.

2. Name, age, location?
Michele, soon to be 42, Columbia, KY

3. How often do you stop by?
Daily or everyother.

4. How do you get here? (computer, phone, etc..) Do you connect via google reader / facebook link/ what?
Favorites link

5. How long have you been reading my blog? Since b4 Darby


6. What subjects would you like me to blog about?
I like your blog exactly the way it is, you are honest and I wish I could write with such honesty, and less fear of others thoughts

7. If you could ask me ANY question and I had to give a completely honest answer, what would you ask?
I think you are completly open & honest....but would ask if why you stayed as long as you did with Darby being so mean, especially to Austin.

8. Do you blog? Here's your chance... leave a link so that my readers can connect with you... and if you leave a link I promise to pimp your blog in a future entry!
I do, but I am private.

9. Are you married or single? Kids or no kids? Gay or straight?
Married, 20 years, 2 children-a son 18yrs & a daughter 16 years

10. Who is your favorite "character" in my blog? YOU