My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Monday, January 10, 2011

reasons to love Monday

It's a winter wonderland here in the hills of Northeast Georgia! Unlike most Mondays, I don't have to work hard to find reasons to love Monday this week... here goes!

1. We still have power!
2. The pantry and fridge are stocked with healthy stuff.
3. My electric blanket is keeping me and the kitties warm and cozy.
4. The end is near... the end of the storm, anyways, and we may actually avoid ice accumulation here.
5. There's a perfectly beautiful blanket of white outside.
6. SNOW DAY! I love my job but... everyone loves a snow day, right?
7. The new vaporizor hasn't helped the dry sinuses yet... but I'm hopeful. I've had a half dozen nosebleeds in the past two days. Not pretty.
8. I can go back to bed if I want.
9. I have "third day" hair... I wash every other day... at the end of day two it's not pretty. Now it's day three and there's very little chance of anyone other than the kid or the kitties seeing me. I can give my delicate tresses a break!
10. My sweatshirt is on inside out. I slipped it on at 5am this morning to go out and survey the snowglobe outside. I put it on inside out.... and it doesn't matter!
11. Green fuzzy socks... courtesy of my friend Cyndi... since we keep the heat way low (currently at 63) and stay warm under blankies... the floors are chilly... the fuzzy socks combat that.
12. My kid has finally agreed that we feel better when the thermostat is low.
13. The kitties love the snow. We know this because Austin took them out in it at 2am.
14. Austin loves the snow. I know this because he kept me awake from 2-4am wandering in and out the door... taking photos... taking the cats out...
15. I've had two bad nights of sleep in a row... feeling a bit drained and groggy... and I can go back to sleep at any time because there's no way to leave the house and no way anyone can get to us!
16. SIX INCHES OF SNOW! It's gorgeous and the sun isn't even up yet. I can't wait until the sun comes up so we can see it.
17. No way to get into trouble with cravings for bad-for-you food. If it's not in this house... I'm not going to have access to it for the next 24 hours at least.
18. Frontierville, Cityville, Farmville, blogging, reading blogs, reading books... lots to keep me from getting bored today! Yay!

I'm planning on having a really awesome Monday! Hope you do too! I'll post some pictures later!
love and hugs, y'all!

0 comments: