My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Sunday, December 14, 2008

life in a small town

More from the "Life in a small town" chapter:
There is a little peanut stand north of Helen that my children and I have been visiting for years. They have all your standard peanut stuff - boiled, roasted, brittle, pralines, etc. Austin and I are in the habit of visiting the peanut stand after church on Sunday morning. Our church is at the south end of town and the peanut stand is on the north side. Not that it's that far to go from one end of town to the other... but since Helen is a tourist town and sorta picturesque, it's nice to have a little Sunday drive through town and back after church... nice conversation time for me and Auggie.

Today we went by after church and the guy running the stand said that they normally close up by this time of year. I told him I didn't know... this was our first year living here... that we spent last winter in Florida. He said... "Yeah, I know... you guys have been here just a few months, havent you?" I said, "Yep. Since the end of September"... Wait! How did he know we'd just been here a few months? Small town...

3 comments:

Peaceful Epiphany said...

Small town = Stalkers. My kind of place. ;)

P.S. Your comment the other day...I know a few people from Jersey..Damn good I tell ya, Damn good. I guess there are bad apples everywhere. LOL

Big Mark 243 said...

Yeah, I noticed the gleam in your eyes in your new picture ... love to see it in them, even if I didn't put it there!

I think it is cool to have people recognize you as you are ... I sorta think that is what community is about, isn't it?

Kelly Dawn said...

hey i just found out that my bubba has moved to DALLAS GEORGIA....and that apparently is ONLY 2 hours from you...I so need to come see you :)