My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Saturday, December 13, 2008

more saturday stuff

My appointment didn't show up today... but I emailed back and forth with Whitney in Jacksonville who was also working today. She's such a sweetie... I miss her. I miss two things about Jacksonville: Whitney and Michael's nephew Elijah.

I left work and went on a grocery run. I want to make my sausage balls this weekend. I was afraid I wouldn't have any cash this weekend... but as it turned out, I do. Here's the weird thing... I never run out of money. It will seem close... I suppose by some people's standards I am poor or broke or whatever... and perhaps by other standards I would be fortunate. I am just not focused on money. I've had enough and I've had not enough and it doesn't change who I am. So long as we have the basics... as Jack Dawson would say, "I got everything I need right here with me. I got air in my lungs, a few blank sheets of paper... I mean, I love waking up in the morning not knowing what's gonna happen or who I'm gonna meet..." (Titanic reference just for Beth, who hasn't seen it yet). I always seem to make it. And today... I was able to get what I needed from the store.

I also picked up the medicine for my earache. This was another one of those, "I'm such an idiot"moments. I had some eardrops left from my last ear infection (in April). I thought they were antibiodic drops... they actually say, "a/b otic" on the bottle. Looks like an antibiodic, right? Well. Today I went and picked up the drops for pain that were FINALLY called in to the pharamacist... and steeled myself for the price since the last ones were so expensive. This prescription cost thirty seven cents... and it was the. exact. same. thing. I already had. Yep. I'm an idiot. I had pain drops all along an didn't know it.

So now I'm chilling out - dinner in the crockpot - watching the biography of Scott Baio. It's a great Saturday.

More later, I'm sure....

4 comments:

Remo said...

Did you ever watch the Scott Baio reality series? Good stuff.He is SUCH a regular guy, albeit with an idiot friend. If women ever want to know what is going on the heads of their Man-Boy, they need to watch that show.

It's like we never leave 7th grade... LOL

Beth said...

Jack Dawson? Who the heck is that? LOL

Sorry to hear you got stood up at the office. Shame on that person!

Sounds like a good weekend to stay inside and stay warm. What's in the crockpot? I'm going to make beef vegetable soup tomorrow. Yum!

Hugs, Beth

Myra said...

Now you have enough a/b otic for the next ear infection..you seem to be getting those quite often these days! Stay warm...

Big Mark 243 said...

A bio on Chachi? Cain't call that at all!