My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

taking an unintentional cyber-vacation

Just a quick note to let you guys know that I am having "computer difficulties" and will not be online in the next couple of days. Austin managed to break my power cord for my laptop so I can't charge it... and after he broke it he continued to watch a movie until the power drained completely.

Here in Hooterville they don't have fancy things like computer parts so my new cord had to be ordered... and should be here by Tuesday of next week. I'm gonna drive down to civilization on New Year's Day and see if I can't locate one so I don't have to go that long without my usual visits to cyberspace... but if you don't hear from me, don't worry. All is calm, all is bright.

I had to get the back window in my car repaired today - it has been off the track for awhile and slipping and yesterday it slipped all the way down into the door. Because I'm in this great little community... the repair shop fixed it for free! I was so thrilled! I definitely couldn't afford big car repair dollars right now! Just another example of how awesome God is. God is definitely sustaining us right now, in a magnificent way. I'm going to spend some of my cyber vacation doing some deep studying on that whole "fear God" concept.

Please keep my friend Jen in your prayers tomorrow as she is having surgery on her knee!

Re: Stubby - I got a picture of him from a good angle. I promise you, he is one ugly kitty! He's got a saggy belly and missing fur... he's a sight!

Leave me lots of comments... I can't always post in my blog but I can read it.
love and hugs!

10 comments:

Big Mark 243 said...

Let's hope things get straightend out for you. Don't drink too much on New Year's!

cw2smom said...

Sorry about your computer problems and I hope you'll be back soon! What a blessing that the shop fixed your car window! Take care Sweetie! Lisa

sober white women said...

Stay safe. If you need anything you can e mail me....from work!
Kelli

Tina of Moon Shine said...

there are some incredibly giving people in this world.
you know, I had to replace my power cord recently too. I ordered it through Amazon on a monday, and it was at the P.O. on Wednesday! I was shocked!

poor stubbs. but he loves you, so he has at least one redeeming value!

Wendy in Oz said...

Happy New Year Honey! Am off for my mini vacation to a swanky hotel by the beach for New Year - just me, my darling.... and three kids!!!! How romantic!!!!! Ah well, family is EVERYTHING, right???

Hugs

Wendy in Oz

Myra said...

Hope you get your 'puter fixed...you know you can't go that long without it!! Have a great New Year's Eve/Day :)

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Just wanted to wish you a happy New Year !!! Hope your get that fixed soon! 'On Ya'-ma

Remo said...

Good luck finding one on a holiday. We'll wait for ya.

LYN said...

compter probs suck...my sons is now on the blink...hubby has a laptop..hmmm..just remembered that..wonder where the heck it is??

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Heather! Sorry about the laptop cord. My laptop recently fried (with the help of a glass of water). I miss it! Hope you have a great night tonight.

-Luarie