My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Sunday, December 21, 2008

a really great Sunday


All it takes sometimes to get my blood pumping is a phone call that says, "make sure you bring your camera!"... and that's what happened this morning. My sister in law Angie called to let me know that Sarabeth was getting to sing with the "big kids" in the Children's Choir this morning. Sarabeth is in kindergarten, not old enough yet for Children's choir. So it was a mad dash to get her decked out in her Christmas dress (made by Mawmaw) and have Aunt Heather in position to snap a few precious photos. My brother was singing and helping to lead the service. Angie was playing the drums and also speaking so once Sarabeth was finished singing, she needed some supervision. I was, OF COURSE, happy to help! This is the great part of living here... being able to share in these special moments.




Here are just a few of the pictures I took.



Angie gave a really sweet talk on Mary's song from Luke 1 and how important the role of mothers is in the life of children. She talked about how she feels like she needs to put her children first, above her career (she has a doctorate and is a college professor, so she has invested quite a bit of time in establishing her career!) It was really sweet and touching... and at about that time Sarabeth decided she wanted to sit with her mother. On stage. Um. No sweetie... you can't sit with mommy right now... Sarabeth started dissolving into tears and I thought, "oh great... Angie has just given this beautiful inspirational talk on putting her children first and she's gonna have her kid melt down on the second row of the church wanting her mother!" I pulled out all the stops... we drew smiley faces on her hands with sharpie markers... I let her wear my rings... I let her stand up and dance to the music as the choir sang...




We made it through the remainder of the service without disruption, I'm proud to say.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Tina of Moon Shine said...

good job as kid wrangler!

cw2smom said...

Good job kiddo! What a wonderful memory you made today! Blessings, Lisa