My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tuesday

This was a comment left on my post from Sunday on the Begats... it was funny and I wanted to make sure y'all saw it...

So there's a joke about Jews and being tired of hearing about Christmas in which a Christian asks a Jewish person, "what gives? Christmas is such a joyous time of the year!"... and the Jewish guy answers, "Do you know what it's like to walk around for a month constantly hearing about the one Jewish Guy who actually met his mother's expectations?"

Thank you, Robert for starting my day with a giggle!

Stubby the 3legged Wondercat decided I needed to wake up at 4am today. He kept trying to get his head under my hand so I would pet him. When I hid my hands he climbed on top of me like a mountain goat climbing a cliff... he is not nimble and graceful like most cats since he is missing a leg. Poor misfit cat! If he wakes me up again he may end up being Stubby the 2legged Wondercat!

I slept great last night thanks to a 1-2 punch of pain pills and pain drops but woke up this morning with the same stabbing pain in my ear. The Gator Guy doctor said it's because there's a bunch of fluid on the inside of my eardrum and ... well, anyways... I wish I had been more sympathetic when my kids were little and would get ear infections. I took care of them, don't get me wrong... I just had no idea how bad it hurt! The ear infection I had back in April came at the same time as the kidney infection that led to the $12,000 ER visit... so I was doped up and slept through most of it. Having to stay awake, alert and actually work and be pleasant is taxing. Oh how I miss working part time!

Last night I started reading deeply into Psalms and found some really awesome, encouraging things. I have read the Bible all the way through several times (not nearly as many as I should have by this point in my life, but nevertheless... ) but I had forgotten how sweet the Psalms are... I know there are some of you who are just starting to read the Bible. My advice is to read a chapter in Proverbs every day - there are 31 chapters so you can always correspond with the day of the month. If you are discouraged... or sick... or tired... or overwhelmed... or whatever... just dive right into the book of Psalms and make it about you. It's meant to be about you. It's meant as encouragement - and a guide to praising God. We are taught that God inhabits the praise of His people... so if you want to grow closer to God, try praising Him.

I have to start the glam routine. Must work. Prayers appreciated. Hugs!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could the ear & kidney infections somehow be related? Feel better!

What translation of the Bible do you read? We have several different versions here, but I've gotten to where I like to read the HCSB - Holman Christian Standard Bible. It is a newer translation that has been done on a third-grade level. Suprisingly easy to read (but all those old verses I've memorized do not read the same!). Doug calls it the "Hard Core Southern Baptist" version . . .

Ly,
Mary

sober white women said...

I just know that you will have a great day at work. Today is the day that the Lord has made, so rejoice and be glad in it.
Kelli

Linda said...

Psalms will do that for you!! It's one of my favorite books in the Bible to read from. Linda

Tina of Moon Shine said...

I have asked for a new bible for Christmas. I have never read the bible all the way through. Not sure why...

ear pain is really bad. I usually get swimmer's ear every summer.

take care
tina

Wendy in Oz said...

Good Vibes coming from Oz for a great day at work with no pain in the ear... or rear!!!!

Hugs

Wendy in Oz

Nancy said...

I once heard someone describe the Psalms as "delicious." I've always thought that was such a wonderful description.

I pray your ear infection goes away soon!

*HUGS*
Nancy :-)