My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Saturday, November 1, 2008

heartbreaking news

I just received a phone call informing me that the mother of my stepson, Bobby, passed away this morning. Misty had a baby boy, Brennan, born ten days ago and a little girl, Melissa who is three. Bobby is 9. I'm very much in shock... and my heart is breaking for Bobby. Michael is on his way to be with Bobby now. I don't even know that he will approve of me posting this but I know that there are praying people who read my blog and I know that these babies need to be surrounded by prayer right now.

Misty and I had always gotten along well. She is... was... a sweet girl who genuinely loved her kids. After Michael and I split up she was a great source of encouragement to me. I joked with Michael that she and I were in a sorority together - his exes. When I worried about not having a cellphone she offered to buy one for me. When I worried about not having clothes that fit for me and Austin she offered to send us clothes.

Last summer she and I talked about what would happen to Bobby if anything ever happened to her. She asked if I would be willing to raise Bobby (along with Michael, of course) and without hesitation I agreed. It's too early now to know exactly what will happen... all three kids have different dads so it's almost inconceivable that they will be able to stay together... Bobby loves his dad... and Michael loves Bobby with his entire heart. I know that Michael, if given the opportunity, will take excellent care of Bobby and be glad to do it. We just never thought this would happen.

Misty was 35.

11 comments:

Kelly Dawn said...

holy crap! I will be praying for everyone...can you let us know what happened?

Kelly

Heli gunner Tom said...

I am sorry to hear your bad news and heart break. I writ e Christian Journal and pray all the time.. although not quite enough to others... I feel that I need to help myself more before I help others. But yes, I do pray for others and so do my many friends and readers.

I am a happily married man from WI, retired and disabled from arthritis and PTSD form Vietnam.
Come visit my own Blogspot Journal soon.

cordially,
Tom S
tschuckman@aol.com

Beth said...

What a shame about Bobby's mom. So young! Was it complications from birth? I hope her kids will be okay.

Hugs, Beth

Tina of Moon Shine said...

this is terrible for those children! of course they are in my prayers. Can you tell us what happened?

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

They will all be in my prayers. What a shock for everyone. 'On Ya'-ma

Myra said...

OMG...how tragic! Especially for the kids. I truly hope they can stay together...prayers for everyone!

Estela said...

My heart goes out to those poor children. I will keep them and this situation in my prayers.

Traci said...

My goodness! I just read the entry where you told what happened. Was it related to her having just given birth? What a horrible thing to have happen! Those poor babies!

betty said...

that is so sad; I'm sorry for the loss of Misty; the family/kids will be in my prayers

betty

Sage Ravenwood said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this loss Heather. Everyone will be in my prayers on the smoke hon. (Hugs)Indigo

Peaceful Epiphany said...

I am cathing up here and CANNOT BELIEVE WHAT HAS HAPPENED!!! Oh my gosh how incredibly SAD. Heart breaking. This is...no words can describe.

I know there is more info in other posts, so I will keep reading. I am speechless.

I will be praying.
Jen