My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sunday morning







It's cold outside and I have a stuffy nose and my eyes are still burning and I just feel ick. Lather, rinse, repeat. Allergies, maybe? For the most part I feel great during the day... tired sometimes... rundown a little here and there... but today I just want to curl up in my bed and pull the covers up over my head.

I did that for too long. I love nesting. I developed some pretty serious anti-social behavior - not that I ever became mean or anthing - it was just easier to NOT be out with the 3D people. I am determined that no matter how tired I get, no matter how strong the magnetic force of my nest, that I will continue to go out and enjoy the world and appreciate the community in which I live.






Austin's friend spent the night. He loves football. Austin doesn't get football but tried to fake it. He got outted. His friend patiently explained the game to him - something his brothers have never really bothered to do. I never tried to explain it to him either. They seemed to have a good time. We have the Wii tv on top of the tv watching tv in the living room so they set up camp in there and I only had to get up once to remind them to be quiet. The rest of the night I slept fine so I guess they calmed down.

This morning we're all going to church.


We usually have lunch with Jim and Angie and the girls after church but they are heading to Clayton, GA (the city, not the county) to have lunch with her grandparents on her father's side. We're coming back here and I'm going to visit with my friend Amy (who works for my uncle in south Atlanta). Amy's grandmother lives up here and Amy comes up every other week or so to help clean and check in with nanny.


This evening we have bible study. Austin has bible drill. Then we have potluck dinner together. If I'm still feeling icky after visiting with Amy, those will be the events we miss because I have to make sure I'm able to put in my 40+ hour work week. I don't have any sick time accumulated. My nose is really running now that I've had a hot cup of coffee.


Time to get ready... This is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it.

7 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Hope you feel better and have a great Sunday! 'On Ya'-ma

Sage Ravenwood said...

I woke up to realize we forgot to put the heat on last night. I turned on the pellet stove for a fire, hoodie, and thick socks later finally I'm warming up. Hope your feeling better soon hon. Glad Austin's friend took the time to explain football to him. (Hugs)Indigo

Lainey Laine said...

Hope your feeling better soonest!!! Laine xxx
http://lainey-lainesworld.blogspot.com/

Linda said...

I hope you feel better soon! Nesting in my bed always seems to make me feel better! Linda

Beth said...

Feel better, Heather! Get yourself well for the week ahead.

Hugs, Beth

Myra said...

I am pretty much a homebody, not that I don't go out, but its just easier than to deal with the traffic, crowds. When I go to the store, I go early. Doctor appointments tend to be first thing. There are many weekends when I make one trip out, the grocery store, and thats it, until Monday morning! For me, down time is soooo very important, or maybe I'm just THAT boring!

Tina of Moon Shine said...

Mucinex is $$ but works really well! other than that, feel better and have a great week.
hugs
tina